CIDP and Bikram Yoga. Good idea?

• Anonymous
      June 12, 2010 at 12:07 am

Hi eveyone! I have a little update. Today is two weeks to the day that I received the last of my 5 day, 35 gram a day loading dose and although I woke up at 5pm, I woke up without FOGHEAD!! Yeah! Isn’t it great!? I finally feel like the fog has been lifted from my face! I mean I literally felt like I was walking around with this dark cloud over my entire head. Well, this afternoon, It left! Bye, Bye, Please don’t come back!!! My fever has left! It has been 3 days since my last fever! I still have the pain though and loss of strenght. The pain is really bad at my waist. It just feels like someone is kicking my from behind and they are stomping me at the waist on the backside. I am trying topical ointments now along with the Opana that was RX’d, but still haven’t found any pain relleif.
      I have decided to get these rusted old nerves and bones of 34 to start heading and healing in the right direction. Afterall, If I am going to hurt, shouldn’t the pain be to my benefit (from excersising)? Before I became ill. I used to love to take Bikram Yoga classes. Bikram isn’t for a meditation yoga fan, it is intense, moves pretty fast and the room is set at 105 degrees F for the hour and a half that you are doing it. I always loved the fact that the room was so hot because I knew I was sweating out my toxins. Now, I am sweating all the time regardless and I mean big time sweating. I am hoping that if I sweat for an hour and a half of the bikram yoga, maybe I will be able to sweat out all the crap that my body keeps trying to spew out of my body, but in a controlled enviroment and not at a parent teacher conference:o .
      Has anyone taken these classes having CIDP or know anyone who has? What kind of results were noticed? Ups and downs?
      I just need to commit to doing some sort of excersice after gaining those 40 pounds since December when I was put on Lyrica and Cymbalta. The extra 40 pounds is making my feet hurt SO MUCH!:eek: I only talk about Bikram, because I like it and I know that you are more likely to stick to a diet/excersice regimen if you are enjoying what you are doing and I sure do enjoy Bikram.:D
      Any advice, as always, would be greatly appreciated!
      Thanks!!!!!

• Anonymous
      June 13, 2010 at 10:57 am

Florencia,
      You always have such interesting ideas…..your Bikram yoga idea sounds neat yet I would vote against it…but what do I know!! Your idea of the body getting rid of toxins with fever/sweating sounds right….but you are still putting in toxins with your medications, aren’t you?? With my first bout of GBS, I could not keep my feet warm..they would get numb….like MS…. So I slept with my feet sticking out of the covers. I think your idea is either the greatest or the worst idea……guess you will find out. I applaud your creativity in getting better. My vote is for more supplements like B’s and C’s to calm the inflammation, reflexology of the pressure points, and the other meditative kind of yoga…..Imagining your body healing and repairing itself. Studies have shown it works…but sometimes it seems too easy and people don’t buy into it….

• Anonymous
      July 21, 2010 at 7:27 pm

All I can say is WOW you can exersize!!! My advise is go cautiosly, rest often. You may pay dearly.
      Love, smitty