Cholesterol and myelin

• Anonymous
      March 12, 2007 at 10:06 pm

Cholesterol and myelin

Has anyone ever heard that one needs to keep ones cholesterol levels up, as it is one of the main elements in repairing the myelin sheath? The repairing process draws off much of the cholesterol in working to enhance the speed of recovery of the nerves

This was mentioned to me in a consultation with a person who is involved in supplying medications to rebalance ones system with proper minerals and vitamins.

Thanks

Robert Jones

“You can make it if you try” sang Sly Stone, R & B man of the 70’s!

• Anonymous
      March 12, 2007 at 10:20 pm

Hi Robert,

I have never heard of this before, so maybe someone else has heard of it.

As I can see rasing cholesterol levels can be dangerous for the heart. So just be careful, you don’t need to be doing any harm to your heart.

• Anonymous
      March 12, 2007 at 11:18 pm

robert,

i’ve never heard of it before either. so can this person sell these things he says you need? if yes… take care. be well.

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength

• Anonymous
      March 13, 2007 at 6:05 am

Robert, avoid salesmen like the plague. Cholesterol is one of the building blocks of your body, you have plenty of it. Certain people have genes which raise the circulating blood levels to excess, not diet, they need cholesterol lowering agents. Todays normal diet contains all the vitamins and minerals you require, no additives are required unles you are malnourished. DocDavid

• Anonymous
      March 13, 2007 at 10:39 am

If this were true, all of my nerves should be repaired by now, which they certainly are not! When I had my cholesterol checked last May it was 368, with an LDL of 263. I had lost most of my steroid weight & was eating a diet very low in fats, so my doctor let me try oatmeal every morning & cinnamon, but in December it was still the same. I went on Liptor on Dec 19th, 2006 & within 6 weeks it went down to 186, LDL 126. So the statin drugs really do work, but I do worry about the side effects down the road.

To me it also sounds like someone is trying to sell you something. Eat a well-balanced diet, take a good vitamin, & you are doing all you can do…

• Anonymous
      March 14, 2007 at 6:41 pm

Thanks for all this info — I had a feeling that I should remain with my Zetia (very low dose) and keep up with my diet control –do take a multi along with some vitamin C — Having lost 50 lbs during the first year I am now back to my “marriage” weight — and doing well

Heading for 4 year anniv.next Jan and now starting to walk with loftstrands and attacking stairs.. (still with help) all in all my progress continues slowly but surely.Hands and feet trail behind but now dress myself (less buttons!) take care of my bathroom needs , thinking about getting a van to drive (passed the tests) so things are looking good.

This site has truly been a blessing for me .. I should know by now that the steady rehab,pool,gym work does the trick. As we are about to become grandparents for the first time — others have been eager to help in anyway possible — glad that I took the time to inquire.

as the say “Keep on Keeping On

Robert Jones

• Anonymous
      March 19, 2007 at 6:47 am

Hi Robert,

Is ‘Zetia’ a statin drug — ?? — folks on statin drugs for lowering cholesterol should consider taking CoQ10. CoQ10 is naturally in our bodies and cholesterol drugs deplete it. Google the terms and you will see tons of info explaining its purpose and what benefits you will see from supplementing… primarily muscle pain and fatigue relief.

Talk to your doctor about it if you are not already taking CoQ10 — he/she should understand its importance.

Best wishes…
      Jann