Chiari I malformation

• Anonymous
      October 16, 2007 at 3:19 pm

Has anyone heard of this and do any of you have it ? I had an MRI done and wah lah, something else added to my list of ailments.
      Why couldnt I just have a hang nail or something !

I dont think I have symptoms…maybe a few…but I have probs with my neck and shoulder.

Maybe it’s all this rubbish with the Huskers. And, yes, I’m still a fan…I was born into it and there’s no way out. 🙂

Stacey

• Anonymous
      October 16, 2007 at 7:02 pm

Is this the same thing as Arnold Chiari Malformation? If so, it is very commom in spina bifida, something about part of the lower brain stem being backwards. I really should have taken the time to look it up again, as it was so long ago that my son was dx with it. Anyways, he is 26 now, & it has long been forgotten as he has never seemed to have any issues with it…
      Pam

• Anonymous
      October 16, 2007 at 7:40 pm

I was Dx with Chiari Malformation 2 years ago and the neurologist said it was stage 1 so not to worry; my question is….Do you have GBS along with CM?

If so, how far apart were the Dx. I am curious as to if there is a link?

Thanks,
      Brenda G

• Anonymous
      October 17, 2007 at 7:45 am

I do believe it’s the same as Arnolds chiari malformation. Mine was diagnosed just over a year after the diagnosis of CIDP. I dont know much…I have an appt with the GP tomorrow…I have neck and shoulder pain that I thought was stress related. Maybe not.

I am tired of going to the dr !

Brenda, I dont have GBS…I have CIDP . I will let you know what I find out.
      Interested to know if you have any symptoms from it ? Or how would we know the difference ?

Stacey