Chemotherapy medication and low testosterone

• Anonymous
      February 4, 2011 at 7:25 pm

Fellas,
      If you have been taking chemotherapy type medication be sure to get your testosterone levels checked.

I was on Cellcept for 4 years. Cellcept is considered a mild chemotherapy drug and maybe one of the least harsh in comparison with others out there. Other side effects aside, chemotherapy medications can make your testosterone levels drop.

Between Cellcept, corticosteroids, and plasmapheresis treatments my doc felt it was likely more the fault of the Cellcept but possibly a combo of all three. Nevertheless, since most of us are stuck with a needle routinely, tell your doctor to check your testosterone levels while they are at it.

My symptoms of low testosterone were fatigue, lack of energy, moody, lack of drive and weight gain especially around the belly. Sound familiar to something else… it sure felt like CIDP and the fun side effects that go along with it and the medications used to treat it.

I know it can be embarassing to talk about but at this point I think the modesty leave has fallen off our trees. Talk to your doc about it.

Damon

• Anonymous
      February 6, 2011 at 11:55 am

so, a serious subject could use some joking around, right? I copied what this person said-

sorry, never mind, I don’t want to violate a copyright protection. Please go to their web site to read the original article.

Copyright© 2011 – Mens Hormonal Health – All Rights Reserved at
      [url]http://www.mens-hormonal-health.com/normal-testosterone-levels.html[/url]

• Anonymous
      February 8, 2011 at 10:03 pm

[FONT=”Microsoft Sans Serif”]after my chemo, i was low on all hormones and take them via a cream, including testosterone… much less than a guy would need, but we need them nonetheless. symptoms are the same for women, more or less…[/FONT]

• Anonymous
      February 9, 2011 at 2:34 am

Damon:
      You are so right on this. My Testosterone dropped off the map and I started using a patch, didn’t change. Went to two patches – nothing, now started injections.
      I have exactly the same symptoms but can’t blame Cellcept as I just started taking it two weeks ago. Hoping the extra T will help with energy and fatigue, not to mention that extra weight in the belly.
      Thanks for posting, helps to know what others are experiencing while trying to fit all these symptoms together. Good Luck