celebration

• Anonymous
      December 5, 2010 at 4:08 pm

so i have been walking with afo’s for about 5 months now. i have “graduated” to an aricast on my right ankle!!!! i can’t walk a lot with it because my toes stilll don’t lift all the way up but to see some movement in the right direction of being “free” of anything plastic or metal to get me moving is huge to me.
      these last 9 months have been a true nightmare and to be bedbound and wheelchairbound from march 2010- august 2010 and now being able to be more free is awesome.
      for those who don’t know me i was diagnosed at 30 weeks pregnant. my son is now 7 months and i still have my mom living woith me because i can’t carry him to the car or walk around the house with him.
      this new brace is so much less restrictive so i canwalk freely and carry my little boy.
      so, in a day when some things go wrong…and it seems there’s no light…the little things can make a world of difference and give so much motivation to keep going and never give up.
      blessings
      michelle

• Anonymous
      December 5, 2010 at 5:45 pm

Aww, congratulations!

Enjoy carrying your little boy 🙂 !!

• Anonymous
      December 5, 2010 at 10:52 pm

Congradulation Michelle! Hang in there. Hopeflly you will be up to walking with him when he takes his first steps.

• Anonymous
      December 6, 2010 at 9:45 am

That must be a great feeling to walk around carrying your son. Thanks for sharing this development. Next up- a marathon. 🙂

• Anonymous
      December 7, 2010 at 7:38 am

ohhh what a goal! i am putting it on my list. i was running prior to getting pregnant and getting diagnosed. then the wall of ugliness hit me. my brother does half iron man’s and crazy 50 mile races. i would love to be an example to my son that we can all overcome.
      this forum has been such a support during the times when really i thought i was the only one in the world with this horrific disease. especially since every dr and nurse would look at me like i was some sort of scientific experiment.
      enoy the beautiful days!!