Celebrate!!!!!

• Anonymous
      April 22, 2007 at 12:28 am

Perhaps some of you will remember me. My mom, Barbara, (72yrs) was dx’d with severe GBS in Oct 2004. After 2.5 years, SHE IS STARTING TO WALK!!! Last week she walked 50 feet, rested, then went another 50 feet. So for the many of you out there who are faultering in your determination, who are doubting your own determination…..never, ever give up.

Another celebration this week…. Tomorrow morning Mom will wake up to say, “I have been completely off my vent for one whole week!” 2.5 years and she’s [COLOR=”Red”][B]G[/B][/COLOR]etting [COLOR=”Red”][B]B[/B][/COLOR]etter [COLOR=”Red”][B]S[/B][/COLOR]lowly.

She is beautiful. Her life is beautiful. Her determination and will are amazing. I am truly blessed to call her mom, and blessed to have this difficult process in my life to teach me what is truly important. I hope this thread brings you smiles and hope and a determined feisty attitude that keeps you going!

• Anonymous
      April 22, 2007 at 1:05 am

What an amazing thrill! Thank you so much for sharing with us. I really look forward to getting to know Barbara “in person” 🙂 She will certainly have lots to share from her experience.

I second your thoughts: Never, ever give up! Tomorrow just may be “The Day”.

Please keep us informed as to your Mom’s progress. And give her hugs from all of us!

• Anonymous
      April 22, 2007 at 8:40 am

That’s awesome to hear. I’m a true believer in never give up and your Mum is living proof that perseverance does pay off. Look forward to hearing how her progress goes 🙂

• April 22, 2007 at 9:12 am

I am so happy for your mom and your family! Keep up the good work and attitude. Dawn Kevie’s mom 😮

• Anonymous
      April 22, 2007 at 1:34 pm

Katy,

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful news! Sometimes we ar so busy dealing with problems here that the successes don’t get reported.

May your mother have many more improvements. She is indeed lucky to have such a caring daughter.

Suzanne

• Anonymous
      April 22, 2007 at 7:27 pm

congratulations continue for more improvement

• Anonymous
      April 23, 2007 at 3:06 pm

Thats awsome news!

• Anonymous
      April 25, 2007 at 5:56 pm

That’s Great!

QueenDuchess
      aka
      Jennifer

• Anonymous
      April 25, 2007 at 6:47 pm

That is so awesome to hear!
      It just goes to show that sometimes it takes longer for some but they can get there eventually.
      Give mom a hug from Me and Nate.
      Trudy, Natesmom

• Anonymous
      April 25, 2007 at 10:23 pm

I am celebrating with you!:) Whooptie doo ! keep up the good work. Now that recovery has begun, you shopild see wonderful improvements. God is sooo good.
      Mary Ann

• Anonymous
      April 26, 2007 at 4:37 pm

[B][FONT=”Comic Sans MS”]Applause!!![/FONT][/B]