CBS News

• Anonymous
      September 5, 2006 at 7:09 pm

So am I the only one that thought is was really bad ?

This was a big mistake for both Katie and CBS.

Her speech pattern is much too slow for people who watch the news to actually be informed. Maybe she is trying to explain world news to the Jerry Springer crowd ?

I’m no fashion god but a navy blue dress or suit would have looked much better for the first night than that white jacket that looked like it could fit me and I’m 350 pounds.

Maybe I just expected way too much ?

By the way, watch ESPN 2 at 7 pm tonight……….

• Anonymous
      September 5, 2006 at 9:50 pm

Darn, I cant believe I forgot to watch her. Dont know what it is about her but I have a hate/like relationship going with her. :confused:

• Anonymous
      September 5, 2006 at 10:18 pm

[COLOR=red]Didnt watch it, sorry[/COLOR]

• Anonymous
      September 6, 2006 at 12:42 am

i think her wardrobe needs updated. she just needs alittle time to get use to working in that environment and by herself. i didn’t care for the guy that was on doing something or other.

• Anonymous
      September 6, 2006 at 8:10 am

Mike

We watched The DCI World Championships. My sons percussion instructor is with the Cavaliers. It was awesome!!!!

Pep

• Anonymous
      September 6, 2006 at 9:04 am

It was nice to see Phantom overcome Blue Devils but Cavies had it again last night. I was happy to see Cadets slip this year towards a more realistic position.

I thought Phantom had “THE” show last season.

• Anonymous
      September 7, 2006 at 4:53 pm

Prince Mike,

I read that Katie’s photograph, the one sent to other media, was airbrushed to make her look thinner.

I am looking for this photographer–beats eating cottage cheese.

Regards,
      Marge

• Anonymous
      September 7, 2006 at 11:43 pm

[QUOTE=marguerite]Prince Mike,

I read that Katie’s photograph, the one sent to other media, was airbrushed to make her look thinner.

I am looking for this photographer–beats eating cottage cheese.

Regards,
      Marge[/QUOTE]

Slim Fast really isn’t that bad when you add Ben & Jerrys to it !

• Anonymous
      September 8, 2006 at 5:18 pm

I’ll be brave and admit I am a fan of Katie’s. I think it will take her and us some time to get used to this change. I’m happy for her that she’ll get to spend more time with her kids. I’ll never forget 9/11 watching as I usually do and having her (& Matt) there was comforting to me when I was scared shitless. So I say, you go girlfriend, and let’s all give her a break.

• Anonymous
      September 8, 2006 at 6:39 pm

I hear you loud and clear about the comfort factor, Chrissy.

I’m not sure why, having grown up watching CBS News and Walter Cronkite, that I forget network news still exists.

I worked in Rockefeller Center for an advertising agency and later a publisher for over 30 years and we got used to seeing some of the newsanchors going to the hair salon or into Hurley’s (a bar on 50th Street and Sixth Avenue) for a drink after the 11 o’clock news. (My hairdresser once cancelled an appointment with me because he “was doing Phil Donohue”; I was very confused until the receptionist told me John was doing makeovers on the Donohue Show.)

Regards,
      Marge

• Anonymous
      September 8, 2006 at 6:51 pm

Dear Marguerite:

If there ever was ever a cringe-worthy statement, ‘doing Phil Donahue’ has got to be the tops on my list. That is just scary. Marlo Thomas deserves the National Valor medal.

Lee

• Anonymous
      September 8, 2006 at 8:00 pm

There are few things more important than a good color job. I once sneaked out of the nursing home and got a hair cut/new color while the nurses tried to find me. Hey, my priorities are in order.

Actually Phil Donohue is greatly to be admired for marrying a card-carrying feminist leader, having great hair and being a flaming hetrosexual who promoted women before it became fashionable.

Regards,
      Marge