Capsaicin For Foot Pain?

• Anonymous
      July 31, 2006 at 1:03 am

I thought I would ask if anyone else had heard about a treatment for foot pain that my doctor asked me to try? He said that I could try putting capsaicin creme on my feet twice a day. The doctor said that, over time, it might cause the nerves in my feet to become less sensitive. Capsaicin is what makes hot peppers hot, and you can get it in various strengths. The doctor advised to start with the lowest strength (.025 or less) and work up from there.

My feet must be from Mars 😀 , I could put the creme on my hand, and it would burn slightly, but on my feet…nothing. Yet, I still have pain in my feet and legs. GBS has been a real learning experience!

I hope someone can get some benefit from this treatment.

• Anonymous
      July 31, 2006 at 2:53 am

Well it is is used for neuralgic pain, that is pain from nerve endings near the surface of the skin. I suspect that in GBS and CIDP our foot pain comes from deeper than there.
      It may be worth trying but has’nt your doctor prescribed Gabapentin/Neurontin/ Is this doctor your GP or is he your neurologist? The latter would prescribe those I think!:o

• Anonymous
      July 31, 2006 at 7:40 am

i have tried capsaicin, just as i have tried everything else under the sun, to no avail. like kens said, neurontin is for you. RU on it? how much? take care. be well.

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength

• Anonymous
      July 31, 2006 at 1:15 pm

Earlier, someone mentioned “Vicks” as successful for them. It may be worth a try! So many of us have especially painful feet. I wonder if it has anything to do with carrying our weight?? Good luck in finding relief.

• Anonymous
      July 31, 2006 at 8:47 pm

aspercreme works for me.