Can infalmation bring on low grade fever

• Anonymous
      November 10, 2011 at 9:40 am

Have been running low grade fevers lately, really low 98.7.98.9 on daily basis. Now I know that doesn’t sound like much but my normal is 97.7 and if it climbs over 98.5 I start feeling unwell. It seems to be sapping my strengh. Can the inflamation from CIDP bring that on? Also last night, that seems to be the first time I noticed it, lost my ability to walk on heels of my feet. This more severe in my left foot than right. Right leg appears to be much stronger than left. Does that make sense for CIDP? Thanks.

• Anonymous
      November 10, 2011 at 12:05 pm

Yes for the fever, I’ve been running a low grade fever constantly since getting CIDP 6 years ago. As I get better it goes down, when I’m in a flare up it goes up again. It rarely gets over 102 but rarely goes below 100 either. Also, my right side is worse than my left – usually with CIDP they are the same but not always.

• Anonymous
      November 10, 2011 at 7:37 pm

That is a bit of really great information and I thank you so much for posting it. I now understand so much more. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Anonymous
      November 11, 2011 at 12:23 am

Gabriele- I often run a low grade fever and I always have one right before I relapse …..In fact it’s often my first sign and that is when I know I need to slow down . I was just in the hospital with a relapse within the last 2 weeks so it is still fresh in my mind . I think the highest was 99.7 so nothing to hateful just an annoying level ๐Ÿ™‚
      Hope you find your answers ๐Ÿ™‚
      Kimberly

• Anonymous
      November 11, 2011 at 12:37 pm

Interesting….I normally run around 97.4-.6 However for the last year or so it has jumps up to 90 to 99 in the evenings four or five time a week. I never though much about it, just chalked it up to getting old. So could it be related to CIDP? I wonder if anyone else experiences this?