Can a 2 year old try Rituxan?

• Anonymous
      September 1, 2006 at 2:16 pm

Our 2 year old is doing ok on ivig but his neck has never returned to the strength is was a few months ago. An MRI last month showed enhanced neck roots. We are getting ivig every 2 weeks.

I’m just looking for another treatment. I like the ivig but don’t know when the neck is going to get strong again. If it would, he’d be walking.

Thanks, Lori

• Anonymous
      September 1, 2006 at 5:35 pm

Hi Lori,

Rituxan is given in IV from also. If the IVIG is working why not stay with it.

I would suggest you look on the internet about the not so nice side affects of Rituxan, They are not very pleasant, especially for a 2 year old.

It’s going to take time for his neck to strengthen, Don’t think Rituxan can do that for him.

• Anonymous
      September 3, 2006 at 11:20 am

Brandy,

Thank you for your reply. I am just a very impatient person and he was doing so well before the neck started getting weak. I’m hoping that one day he will wake up and it will be strong again.

Thanks for your encourgement, I need it.

Love, Lori

• Anonymous
      September 3, 2006 at 12:08 pm

Hi Lori,

I know how hard this is for you, seeing our children ill just devastates us.
      Patience is the only answer when dealing with this crappy illness. I wish I could help you in some way. I’ll send big Mom Hugs for you instead.