Botox

• August 11, 2008 at 12:20 pm

Has anyone had Botox for the 11 lines in the forehead? Would this possibly bring on a relapse of GBS for those of us who have had it before?

• August 11, 2008 at 3:13 pm

Hi Barbara,
      no expert here, but botox is bottulism (spelling) I think,a live virus. It might do something additional to the system, might not, I would be to nervous to try. Besides, each of those lines is a beautiful line representative of the person you have become and the wisdom you have gained through the years, heck, maybe you could grow some bangs. I think they only last for 3-12 months and have to be repeated.
      You are lucky you only have the lines that bother you, I could use the lap band procedure and then a whole body lift!!!!!!!
      Good luck!
      Dawn Kevies mom

• Anonymous
      August 11, 2008 at 3:28 pm

Barbara,

If you go to the blue bar on top and click on ‘Search’, type in Botox and you will get a lot of threads that discuss Botox, you will get quite a bit of input, and if I remember I dont recall anybody thinking it was a good idea 😮 .

• August 11, 2008 at 3:29 pm

I have heard that Botox may not stay where it is put, spreading may cause facial drooping and it can cause allergic reactions too.

I just googled and found this

[B]The medical conditions you must know about before having Botox

Do not have Botox injections if you have a peripheral motor neuropathic disease or meuromuscular functional disorder. Examples of these are Eaton-Lambert syndrome and Guillain Barre syndrome. (you would probably know if you had these!)[/B]

Guess that means my expression and squint lines are staying.

• August 11, 2008 at 4:57 pm

Thanks. I knew this but just wanted to be sure. I have no intention of getting Botox as I have had GBS 3 times.