Bone Lesions on spine and hip

• Anonymous
      February 4, 2008 at 7:31 pm

Going for MRI next week. Skeletal series showed a sclerotic bone lesion on L-2 spine 1.7 cm and on the ischium of left hip 1.3 cm.
      Wonder if these are having anything to do with increase in pain and symptoms or if i now have another issues to deal with.
      Goes on and on this year. Must admit continue to feel discouraged.
      Does anyone know about or have bone lesions? If so what is the next step?
      Guess, good news, first day my blood pressure has been controled and sugar levels were fairly good. The 80 mg of prednisione has increased blood sugars. i’m not diabetic, but body is acting like it is

• Anonymous
      February 5, 2008 at 11:57 pm

Sorry but I’ve never heard of bone lesions associated with CIDP. Did the doctor say it was a direct result of CIDP?

I hope someone else can offer some advice, and I’ll be very curious to see the connection. I’m always learning new things here!

• Anonymous
      February 6, 2008 at 5:51 pm

Beth, how long have you been on pred?
      It sounds like another autoimmune process going on. Have you had a bone density test performed lately?

• Anonymous
      February 6, 2008 at 6:15 pm

Beth:

There is a systemic disease called POEMS Syndrome, or Osteosclerotic Myeloma which presents as a polyneuropathy very similiar to CIDP, along with bone lesions from plasmacytoma, and other symptoms, of which MGUS is included. Google POEMS Syndrome or osteosclerotic myeloma for info. Ask your doctors if they are considering this?

Best regards,

Bill

• February 6, 2008 at 11:25 pm

Beth,
      I am so sorry you keep getting unwanted news. I will pray for you tonight. The post before me brings up good insight. Ask Norb too! Poor Norb, I keep mentioning his name! Good luck to you on this continuing journey and I hope the Spring breathes fresh new hope into your heart.
      Dawn Kevies mom

• Anonymous
      February 7, 2008 at 2:46 pm

thanks for all of the replies. Will look up POEMs now.
      I had a bone density last year.
      sometimes think i’m a true dunce. i read and read about cidp and other neuro disorders and think i understand and then my body does something different. considering i have sjogren’s, fibro, mgus, and now cidp i don’t think my body knows what to do now.
      will keep everyone posted when i get the results of the mri.