Blood Pressure/CIDP

• Anonymous
      January 21, 2008 at 9:54 am

Has anyone expereinced high blood pressure with cidp? For the past week mine has gone up to 145/108.
      This round of IVIG has accomplished zero.
      Feeling disappointed and it is still difficult for me to accomplish anything other than go to bathroom and PT. House cleaning is almost impossible.
      Thanks for any and all advice.:confused:

• Anonymous
      January 21, 2008 at 2:08 pm

I notice my pressure goes high during and just before a relapse. That’s one of the indicators I use to slow myself down. I know to get more rest when it is high and to limit myself activitywise. Check with your dr, high bp isn’t something you want to fool around with. Good Health.

• Anonymous
      January 21, 2008 at 3:12 pm

Yes I agree get your self checked do not mess around with High blood pressure. and I also agree that my blood pressure rises right before a relapse and during the episode. But I have been put on blood pressure meds too. Remember first and foremost take care of you.

• Anonymous
      January 21, 2008 at 5:00 pm

I have dysautonomia so i have blood pressure that sporadically drops dangerously low. Generally, if I’m having a dysautonomia episode, you can bet that my other autoimmune problems are flaring, too.

I don’t think cidp is associated with blood pressure – high or low – but if yours is acting abnormally, get it checked out. Just because it’s not part of cidp doesn’t mean its not a problem.

• Anonymous
      January 21, 2008 at 5:23 pm

My blood pressure went up with the onset of my CIDP. I didn’t know I had CIDP at the time, but I had several doctor appointments within a couple weks of eachother and at each subsequent visit, my BP was higher than the previous one. It was starting to get really high for me! The doctors kept saying I had white coat syndrome. Well, I never had white coat syndrome before and had been at the dr. office in previous years for some other pretty distressing health problems. I didn’t believe it. When I bought a cuff and tried it at home, it was still high and going higher. My neurologist didn’t believe it was related to the CIDP, but as soon as I got on prednisone, my blood pressure started improving. It is normal again. When I mentioned to him at my appt. on Friday that I believed the CIDP caused the high BP, he mentioned maybe I had some autonomous nerve involvement that was causing the high BP. I also was having horrendous headaches that stopped as soon as I got on pred, so maybe the high BP caused the headaches, or the headaches caused the high BP, but either way, I feel they are related. But from what I read if CIDP does affect blood pressure, usually it lowers it?

• Anonymous
      January 21, 2008 at 7:23 pm

Thanks to all that have replied. Going to keep check on it and see MD on Wed. I have never had high b/p.
      I’m on Prednisone 45 mg a day and on CellCept 2000 mg a day.
      Wondering what other treatment MD can come up with as the IVIG’s do not seem to being doing much.
      Thanks again, this is a great group to be with.

• Anonymous
      January 22, 2008 at 2:49 am

blskat1,
      i am so sorry you are struggling. Please remember you are not alone. I will be thinking about you.
      Linda

• Anonymous
      January 22, 2008 at 9:51 am

My blood pressure has always been very good, One of the synptoms that brought me in the hospital was very high blood pressure. I was on blood pressure meds while in the hospital.Approx 4 weeks on the meds i stopped the pills and my blood pressure slowley went back to normal. I had GBS,10/13/07.
      Ron