Blood clots in Legs

• Anonymous
      January 30, 2007 at 11:03 am

Hello,
      I awoke this am and am on the way to the ER to check for blood clots in my legs. Does any one else have exerience with this?
      Legs and feet still don’t work. It’s hard today.

Many thanks,
      Claire

• Anonymous
      January 30, 2007 at 2:15 pm

Good luck to you Claire. I know when we are less mobile, we are at higher risk for clots. Alot of times there is sore lump that is warm to the touch. Let us know how you are doing and what the doc said!

Thinking of you
      Cara

• Anonymous
      January 31, 2007 at 7:42 am

Clara a sore lump that is tender to touch is superficial thrombophlebitis, it is quite safe and won’t break up to form pulmonary emboli because the inflammation glues it to the inside of the vein.
      The dangerous type is the silent deep vein (not superficial) thrombosis which may produce no symptoms or just an ache in the lower leg with a little ankle oedema. DocDavid

• Anonymous
      January 31, 2007 at 9:47 am

Thank u for clarifying docdavid. Sorry if I caused any confusion! HOpe you are Ok claire.

• Anonymous
      January 31, 2007 at 2:02 pm

Claire,

I didn’t have a problem quite like yours, but I did notice my left calf was larger than my right (I am right handed), so my doctor had a venus dopler done on my left leg and all was okay. I sure hope this is the case for you. Be sure and keep us updated.