bladder,bowel, any thoughts

• February 9, 2009 at 12:30 pm

sorry no info

• Anonymous
      February 9, 2009 at 1:22 pm

I had a cold the middle of last month abt 2 weeks after my IVIg. I was in terrible pain. Viruses can cause inflammation in some individuals and not others. If he had pain with his cold perhaps he is just still recovering. I am still recovering from my cold via strength and fatigue (although I think fatigue is finally gone). Kevin seems to have improved a lot and although IVIg is a Godsend… it has it’s pitfalls too. There is just so much other stuff in IVIg that, IMO, can affect us that no one really considers. I use to get pain for the first 4-7 days from it that I believe was a hormonal response that took me a few times to realize and compensate for. I am not saying that is his issue, but there could be something in the IVIg that just isn’t agreeing with him.

I think that his recovery has been great and I hope you find out what you need to do.

• Anonymous
      February 9, 2009 at 2:19 pm

Dawn nice to hear that Kevin is doing well and you are still noticing changes. With out Journaling I would not have noticed when things got better or I tested myself to see if I could do something yet. I know when my reflexes returned not too long ago, I shocked myself when I caught something. I kinda struted like a rooster….and I might add it was a proud rooster! No one was there to be a witness, but I celebrated! Nice post to brag about some great steps in our lives! Thanks for sharing…sorry I am not able to give you any comment on the meds but I do know that cold or heat does come out in pain…..I just try to stay in that normal range to avoid any discomfort from temps. Again I have GBS but I am sure there are things that are similar between us.

• Anonymous
      February 9, 2009 at 3:24 pm

Dawn, the back pain is mentioned as a side effect of IVIg, look at the extra small print on the handout… I get it now and then but it’s not as bad as sciatica. 😮