biopsy friday-scared!!

• Anonymous
      March 16, 2011 at 8:37 pm

need you’re prayers please…well, remember when i said i had rotary-cuff surgery the middle of jan?? and i said my neuro, not my insurance, had cancled my port and treatments and was so suddenly rude and crazy over the phone to me quoting per gram how expensive my treatments were? he even insinuated i was addicted to my IVIG and letted me know he was NOT a drug pusher!! thank god i did not accept his dx…of fibromyalgia….found out in the last month
      i have diabetes, small fiber neuropathy and a lump in my lt, breast (surgery was on rt. shoulder). i owe a big thank you to my new dr. i did manage to get one treatment in, but it really didn’t help me. i probly should of cancled my shoulder surgy in jan. but i couldn’t take the pain any more….i have lost 15lbs. i have no appetite, i have to walk with a cane again, my speech is all screwed up, my hands feel all screwed up, i can’t do hardly anything without getting totally exhausted!!! my hair is falling out and i had to wear depends at night…pain, pain, pain go away, all i want is to go out and play!!! AMEN (boy-did i need to vent-thanks for listening-my problems are so small to some…lets all keep the people in Japan in our hearts and prayers.

God Bless,
      Judy

• Anonymous
      March 16, 2011 at 8:43 pm

So sorry to hear that all your troubles are ganging up on you.

The first prayer will be that your biopsy goes smoothly and that it is benign.

Best wishes, heal as quickly as you can. Well, they say exercise helps with healing. So does music and prayer. Do what you can.

Good luck.

• Anonymous
      March 16, 2011 at 10:25 pm

Defintely time to change neuros if you can? No doc should go off like that!
      And all docs are used to patients in pain…so what caused him to get off on you? I’d report him to your insurance and state medical boards…but ONLY after you get settled into another practice …And I hope and pray you find someone more competent!
      Dang it! Also that it sounds like me a few years ago, but w/o the histrionics of the docs…in that the ‘lump’ was found and had to go on the cancer roller coaster ride as well.
      As for IVIG? It’s up to that neuro to DO the complete paperwork on your behalf… to get the stuff for you. IF your insurance doesn’t cover it all? It’s up to you to pay the difference or seek assistance from the IVIG provider if you meet their criteria for aid. YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO with the pre-approval or clearances.
      I truly hope your biopsy comes out as either negative or what my ocon called ‘TAME’. I like tame in the overall context. Worst part is the waiting! For test results? It can take 5-20 days for results to come back. Once you get answers? There are other states of panic to wade thru too….
      In the meantime? I carry that cane both for balance and assitance, but possibly just the ‘thought’ of using it at times [tho I’d never!] can be comforting! 😀
      Turn yourself down a couple of notches, you can’t change what’s happening? But you can find out about it all, then find GOOD docs to help you deal with it all! All of it is NOT FUN, by any means, but the cooler and calmer and more informed you are about any and all aspects? You can get thru it.. granted? It’s not always graceful? But once you get out of this tunnel? There will be some daylite! Pulling for you, any way I can!

• Anonymous
      March 17, 2011 at 1:22 pm

Hi there, I am very sorry to hear of your difficulties. I am praying for your healing, and that God gives you peace, the peace that only Christ can give. God bless you and protect you.:)

• Anonymous
      March 17, 2011 at 2:50 pm

I am saying prayers for you Judy. Take care and keep us posted on how you are doing. God Bless you.
      Laurel

• Anonymous
      March 17, 2011 at 7:00 pm

[FONT=”Microsoft Sans Serif”]dear dear ms. judy,

i send you all the positive thoughts and best wishes i can muster my friend.

i wish there was more i could do– vent away and if you want one on one venting, you know how to get ahold of me.

hugs,
      alice[/FONT]

• Anonymous
      March 17, 2011 at 10:14 pm

Thank you all so very much, i did turn my life over to my higher power in 1986, and believe me i wouldn’t be here today if i hadn’t! went to work today and turned in my letter of resignation, went to PT before that, then stopped and bought a new mattress! i couldn’t stand the thought of one more night of pain. i hope it helps….well tommorrow is the big day and your right, then the wait. on a positive note, my 17yr old grandson came over to help me start cleaning up my garden, i am so furtunate to have such neat grandkids…next weekend we are suppose to take our fishing boat and go to some lake in Miss. with my son and his family and my grandson in the Navy is meeting us. so….
      i will get to meet my great-grandaughter, Olivia who is 6mths old for the first time.
      yes, i already did report that Dr. and yes, i will (when everything settles down)
      write a letter, and more than one will receive a copy. i am sure he denied every word however, i did find a very reputable, knowledgable, and (so far) very kind neurologist. i’m tired now, going to bed…good night all and God Bless!

ms. judy