been in the hospital for five LONG days

    • Anonymous
      June 21, 2008 at 11:59 pm

      What a week.

      I had been sick with bronchitis for two weeks and then last Monday night I got sick with tummy stuff. By tues pm, my hubby took me to ER b/c everything went right thru me…I’ll spare the details on that but I was weak and I knew I was in trouble and needed to be seen. I had terrible pain in my tummy…and it still hurts…just not as bad.

      They admitted me and kept me in there until today…five stinkin days and didnt want to let me come home today. Boy, do I dislike hospitals. I have two ovarian cysts that showed up on the ultrasound in the Er but they also did a CT scan and found issues with my colon and intestines. So…….I have all kinds of issues. I’m 37 and got to experience my first colonoscopy. They give you this stuff called golytely…as in go lightly. There is NOTHING lightly about it.
      I was glad I had been sick two days prior to drinking that stuff.

      Now I am on some meds and since they only treated my stomach probs…oh and I have a bacterial infection….but, I’ll follow up with the OB and maybe get this cyst issue taken care of. I was an awfully sick girl.

      So much going on, too…of course. My moms house sold and we have till Tuesday to get it cleared out…

      Hubby took care of Connor and wore himself ragged. He has a bad knee and recently during moving stuff at our new house has hurt his good knee. Now we probably wont go on our camping trip…between the two of us…neither are going to be able to probably handle it. I’m disappointed beyond words.

      I’m real tired so not going to go into alot of details about my illness right now…got out of the hospital today and been running since. My tummy hurts and I am exhausted…wearing the “never let em see me sweat” face today b/c I had to help the sisters and then came home to get some stuff done here as we’ve just moved into our new house and have a TON to do.

      But, I am ok…and I’m back.

      I’ll talk more soon.


    • Anonymous
      June 22, 2008 at 1:28 am

      Stacey slow down some! I’m sorry to read about your illness and hospitalization, but holy cow you have to pace yourself or you will wind up back in the hospital. All the stuff can be delayed a bit until you have fully recovered. Take care.

    • Anonymous
      June 22, 2008 at 1:30 am

      Stacey, I’m soo sorry you aren’t feeling well. I can imagine how disappointed you must be about your planned trip, I would be also. Just reschedule your trip and set your sights on getting better to make it come to be. Please take it easy, no need to burn yourself out totally. Let your body recover as it needs to. Get some rest and take care.

    • Anonymous
      June 22, 2008 at 8:13 pm

      Hi Stacey
      I am also sorry you have had extra illnesses to contend with – on top of you CIDP. I was wondering how you have been doing. Now I know! I am worn out just imaging what has been going on in your life at the moment! Did the illness affect your CIDP?
      Oh by the way your recipe was great – I tried it out a while back. Thanks!
      Hope you will be able to take things a bit/lot easier soon.
      Kazza 🙂

    • Anonymous
      June 23, 2008 at 12:13 pm

      Oh Stacey,
      I worry about you. I hope you can let your sisters take care some of the house stuff so you can recover. Don’t forget that when we get sick it makes the cidp worse and takes much longer to recover so we have to delegate. I am sorry you are going through this and I don’t mean to lecture you as you are a big girl but like I said, I worry. Please take care.
      Welcome back.

    • Anonymous
      June 25, 2008 at 10:50 am

      I;ve been worried about you, too…hadnt seen you around here much.

      And thanks ladies for your concern and well wishes.
      I am trying to take it slow and do things right but I just dont have the kind of life right now to let me rest.

      Mom’s house sold and we have till Friday to get everything out . Most is out and what is left is pictures and Christmas stuff that my sisters and I need to go thru. Guess who gets to store it all….and there’s a ton.

      Selling the house and leaving it empty is just another piece of letting go….not something I ever wanted to do.

      Anyway…I am ok…still sluggish from all the illness I endured but I am and will conquer and be well again. Just so dang tired and belly hurts pretty bad all of the time.

      not alot of time for details right now….but, thank you everyone for your concern and well wishes…it really means alot.


    • Anonymous
      June 25, 2008 at 12:58 pm


      Sounds like you have a busy couple of days ahead. Don’t forget to rest and take care of yourself though. You are still recovering and don’t want to relapse! Hugs and best wishes…

    • Anonymous
      June 28, 2008 at 3:32 am

      I’m amazed at your full plate. I can’t lecture you on taking it easy, I understand you needed to do all that stuff and had a deadline. But now that it’s over you need to catch up on your rest. Let the boxes lie unopened in your garage for a couple of months and crash on the couch every afternoon. You need to give your body enough time and rest so that it realizes it’s no longer in crisis mode and begins to recover. That takes time… you don’t go from a hundred miles an hour to rebuilding your health over night. Your body has to make the change and it will do that when you convince it you aren’t going to be leaping off the couch to go pack up some boxes at any moment.

      Hang in there, it’s been a good race, you won, time to rest on your laurels.


    • Anonymous
      June 29, 2008 at 10:24 am

      [FONT=”Comic Sans MS”][SIZE=”3″]Stacey,
      Please take Julie’s advise and let those boxes lie unopened for a bit. You’ll be no good to anyone if you collapse. [I][B]Please[/B][/I] take it a little easier, okay?