barbeton and nebrical for GBS

• Anonymous
      September 2, 2009 at 4:24 pm

Hello;

I’m new to the forum and so happy I found it!! I’ve already answered so many of my questions just by reading the threads….thanks everyone!

I’m on my second bout with GBS:eek (the first was 2004.) I was worried that it might be CIDP because I’ve always understood that it’s very rare for GBS to come back. After reading through some of the posts on this forum I believe it’s recurring GBS, (which doesn’t seem to be so rare….hmmm?)

Anyway, my question is….has anyone heard of the herbal formulas called, Barbeton and Nebrical? I’ve just recently heard of them….don’t know anything about them except they’re supposed to have an 80 – 90% success rate in treating or curing GBS. Sounds too good to be true:confused:

I’m one of those people working full-time that still can’t afford health insurance so I’ve never had any kind of treatment. At this point I’m willing to try about anything to get back to normal but it seems strange that I haven’t been able to find a thread about either one of these herbal remedies. I would appreciate any info, thanks!

Lori

• Anonymous
      September 2, 2009 at 5:28 pm

I did a google of nebrical’s ingredients and found “other” products by the same company which cure other diseases but by a different product name (ex meglical, pertleton, etc) yet they ALL had the same testimonials despite “curing” different diseases.
      I could do the same for barbeton.
      Perhaps they are the magic pill we all could use…

…but they fall into my scam box when I see what they claim and who it cures (different pills with the same ingredients curing different diseases).

If it sounds to good…

• Anonymous
      September 3, 2009 at 10:27 am

Thank you Kristin for checking into this! I thought both products sounded a little suspicious! What a shame!!:(

I’m only 3 months into my first relapse of GBS and I can’t believe I’m dealing with this again and it feels worse than the first time!:eek: I hope this starts to go away soon. I don’t know if I’m going to be emotionally able to live with pain for the rest of my life. I’m a full-time entertainer and my job requires me to be high energy and on my feet!! I can’t just get another job because I’m 45 with no other skills.

What does everyone else do to handle the pain and get some energy to get on with life? Also, does anyone know of a really good Neurologist that knows how to treat GBS in the southwest Florida area? I’m dealing with limited funds and no health insurance so I’d like to find a neuro that knows a little more than the average bear.;)

Thanks!
      Lori

• Anonymous
      September 3, 2009 at 10:56 pm

Hi Lori, Welcome to The Family. There are no cures for cidp/gbs. It sounds to me like you need to take time to recover, rest is really important for the body and nerves to regenerate. Stress and over doing is only going to keep you in a relapse. Listen to your body. Gbs=Getting Better Slowly. You can’t speed up recovery time without causing more problems. Feel free to ask any questions or just vent when you need to. Take care.