Bad cold, no increased residuals!

• Anonymous
      November 25, 2006 at 9:34 pm

Hi everyone,

I am now on the tail end of a very nasty cold, the first illness I’ve had since I got GBS nearly 3 years ago.

I’ve been lucky enough to be healthy until now, but I’ve read so many posts on this forum about relapses or exacerbations of residuals, that I’ve been very nervous about what would happen to me when I finally got sick.

We’ll, so far, this is day 6, and aside from the cold symptoms, I’ve had no increase in residuals and no relapse.

Just wanted to report this because it may put someone else’s mind at ease.

Best wishes,

Suzanne

• Anonymous
      November 26, 2006 at 4:46 am

Suzanne,

That is great. I know when I get tired or under the weather my residuals come to the front. I hope your cold goes away quickly. Good luck

Best wishes
      Debbie

• Anonymous
      November 26, 2006 at 10:38 am

Thanks, Debbie

Maybe I’m just a worrier, but I’ve been really scared about getting sick, since so many people on the forums report problems, sometimes severe, when they get another illness after GBS.

I can’t sleep well, due to my cold and cough. I was expecting really bad residuals, since lack of sleep usually makes mine worse too. So far, so good.

I wanted to let others who may worry about the effect of another illness on GBS residuals, that it isn’t always a big problem.

Suzanne

• Anonymous
      November 26, 2006 at 12:18 pm

Thanks for letting us know, having a first grader in the house makes it all but impossible to stay away from colds. I am determined to be vigilant in keeping germs to a minimum without becoming obsessive.:)