Back pain and GBS?

• Anonymous
      October 30, 2006 at 10:20 pm

Since Nate got home I have noticed that he has a lot of back pain.
      They had him on Oxycontin and Norco in the Hospital but the new doc only has him on Vicodin and he seems to be going thru it fast.
      Is it common to have so much back pain from GBS?
      Any help would be appreciated.
      Natesmom Trudy

• Anonymous
      October 30, 2006 at 10:39 pm

Trudy,

What else is he taking besides that? Neurontin, Lyrica, etc. I have been on Tramadol since GBS onset for pain, it’s a strong drug but doesn’t make me sleepy or make me feel weird. I also have Lupus and RA and the Tramadol handles all the pain except the Nerve pain and I take Lyrica for that.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      October 30, 2006 at 11:03 pm

Nate takes Neurontin, Lexapro, Trazadone, Elavil, Nexium,
      and Vicodin.
      He has muscles spasms in his back that wake him at night and make his legs jumpy.
      Would a muscle relaxant work better possibly than just a pain killer?

• Anonymous
      October 31, 2006 at 1:07 am

Yeah it sounds like he needs something to help with the spasms, I had severe cramping for awhile after I got home but not so much spasms. He seems like he is on all the normal stuff for nerve pain (Neurontin), sleep (Trazadone), other pain (Vicodin), a/d (Lexapro and Elavil), Nexium (Stomach). I looked them all up to see if they had any side effects such as that and didn’t see anything.

So anyway he probably needs to add a muscle relaxent possibly, quinine in tonic water helped out my cramping a great deal but I am not sure it would help spasms, maybe someone else knows if it does.

Please tell him I said hi and I hope he is feeling better soon.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      October 31, 2006 at 10:18 am

I recently went to the doctor and I was having severe pain in my hands and arms with back spasms. plus spasms in my arms. I felt like and still do that I am going to drop things and cannot grip many things. emg showed the nerves are good after IVIG so they are scheduling a mri to see if i have a slip disk in my neck. but muscle relaxers help especially at night. I even get reall BAD headaches.