Anyone with cataracts?

• Anonymous
      July 18, 2010 at 7:35 pm

Noticed my eyesight deteriorating since last winter, and got the good news I have cataracts in both eyes. Getting new lenses to see me thru for awhile, but surgery down the road. Thats what I need on top of all this!!!
      I remember reading from time to time about some types of surgery setting people back or GBS/CIDP returning. I have no Neuro and not able to find one around this area. I see my Internal Med Doc, but he know little or nothing about this, as do the Neuros around here. I am in a wheelchair from the Neuropathy in lower legs, but no meds or treatments for three years for the GBS or CIDP. Live with a whole lot of pain 24×7 but I just dont want to relapse to my condition 5 years ago.
      Any insight 😉 appreciated. Regina

• Anonymous
      July 19, 2010 at 10:52 am

Hello Regina,
      I had cataract surgery in 1999 in both eyes. I too am in a wheelchair and at that time I was going through the worst stages of CIDP.
      I did not have any problems going through the cataract surgery, but since we are all different another person might not go through it as easy as I did.