Anyone take Imuran?

• Anonymous
      October 1, 2007 at 12:17 pm

My new doc has been talking to me about trying Imuran for the CIDP instead of IVIG because I have had trouble with aseptic meningitis after the IVIG tx.
      I am kind of worried about some of the side effects that could possibly come with the Imuran.

• Anonymous
      October 1, 2007 at 5:11 pm

I was taking it up until the 30th of Aug. when the doctor took me off when I started plasma exchange. I was on it for about 7 wks not really enough time to know if it is working or not. It did make me sick to my stomach which I was able to resolve by making sure I had a snack when I took it. I was on 2x 50 mg for 5 wks then bumped up to 3x 50 mg a day.
      Good Luck
      MJ

• Anonymous
      October 2, 2007 at 10:10 pm

been on imuran about 2 months now. i was on cellcept prior. i am now at 200 mg daily of imuran. i take it at bedtime and luckily have not had any side effects so far.

post above me, how is the plasmapheresis going for you? i had some over the summer, but my catheter got infected rather quickly and a scary hospital stay when the treatments were initiated.

today i went to a pain clinic for the first time. he wants to start me on a long acting morphine medication. (oh, but i have to produce a clean pee pee for the doc first.) darn that “in pot we trust” movie!!

peace,
      flower

• Anonymous
      October 3, 2007 at 9:28 am

So far it seems to be helping, I noticed after the 3rd PE I had more strength and endurance. I was able to stand longer and open door knobs, hold a fork, cut up meat (the little things that I can do now just mke me happy). If only I could turn the ignition on my car, when I am able to do that then I will know the PE worked! 😀 . I have noticed since my last PE that my pain has not been as bad. I was in the hospital for my first 7 treatments. I have two more to go this round then we will descide if I will continue with the PE. I am paranoid about an infection in my catherder too but so far so good. Good luck with the pain clinic.