Anyone have problem’s Reynaud Syndrome like?

• Anonymous
      January 7, 2010 at 8:49 pm

I thought while this topic about cold feet was being discussed, I would bring up something I have problems with.. I think my circulation has suffered quite a bit since gbs/cidp… At times my fingertips (only a couple) turn white after being out in cold.. I think part of it was from exposure to the elements over the years….
      Anyone have this, and what seems to help to prevent or alleviate… Thanks…

• Anonymous
      January 7, 2010 at 11:57 pm

Both my son & my husband have this problem. When he is out in the cold, suddenly some of my son’s fingers will turn white & he will temporarily lose the feeling in them. Once he comes back inside it goes away. We live in northern MN & have always done a lot of the outdoor winter sports, especially snowmobiling. My husband’s fingers are bad also, the last 5 years of his job at the mines, he worked outdoors in the winter, laying patterns for blasts. His are painful once he comes back inside, however.

I am the one with CIDP, but do not have this problem. I think it comes from freezing them at some point. But my son was told by the doctors not to worry about it…

• Anonymous
      January 8, 2010 at 6:42 am

Hi Pam:

Thanks for replying so quickly.. Maybe this is a Minnesota (Arctic Thing)! :rolleyes:

I think I have gotten this from snowmobiling/freezing them as well… Spent a good deal of my young life on snowmobiles.. This is an annoying condition and kinda takes the fun out of being outdoors sometimes… It is strange, but some days my fingers can tolerate sub zero temps with no problems, yet sometimes on even very warm days I can develop this… Usually, only lasts less than an hour, so am thankful for that… I guess if this is the worse thing I have to complain about, life ain’t so bad…. Stay warm…..Dean