Anybody familiar with this?

• Anonymous
      August 15, 2006 at 11:38 pm

I had GBS almost 5 yrs ago, have made a good recovery but about 10 days ago I began getting a warm sensation on the back part of my leg(thigh) and then I would feel it in the arch of my foot. This seem to happen only 3-4 times a day. But over the past couple of days, it has increased tremendously, happening several times an hour and lasting for a longer amount of time. I went to the emergency room today and the doc put in a referral to see neuro so hopefully by the end of the week I can get an appt but in the meantime I was wondering if these symptoms sound familiar to anyone? Vicki

• Anonymous
      August 16, 2006 at 7:21 am

hi vicki & welcome,

have you been over doing it lately? if this is gbs related, there is a good chance you need to rest much more lying down. much rest will make it go away w time. make sure the neuro looks beyond gbs. my guess is he can’t do much if it is residuals acting up. an ncv will confirm it is not another attack. take care. be well.

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength

• Anonymous
      August 16, 2006 at 10:24 pm

Hi Vicki,
      I too have been expericing something similar. I notice my one leg gets very warm/hot in my upper thigh, a burning like sensation. Sometimes it moves down my leg. This occurs when I am lying down in bed for the night. It is frightening whenever something new occurs. I will be interested to hear what your neuro has to say. My neuro left the area recently and there are not others available locally. I see my MD next month.
      Take Care.
      Bonnie:cool: