any broken bones

• Anonymous
      March 5, 2010 at 9:05 pm

I was wondering if anyone has experienced broken bones while recovering from gbs/ cidp?i have gbs & its been 40 months now. and i broke my 5th metatarsal in my right foot back in jan. exactly 1 week befor moving to a new home. my break that i did was a spiral break. i normally wear tennis shoes high tops with specially made brace for my feet because i have sensory and axonal damage. but when i broke my foot i had slippers on because it was early and i got up from the couch and my foot twisted out and i took a step and of course foot broke. So i was woundering if anyone has this type of experience in breaks and if recovery time was changed due to gbs. tuesday will be 6 weeks and i can still feel the break. it seems everything is different now since i have gbs.
      thanks for any replies.
      istaroaz.

• Anonymous
      March 5, 2010 at 11:14 pm

I have CIDP. I broke the same foot twice, first time was because my feet were turning sideways and the second time was because I collapsed getting out of an SUV, didn’t know my legs couldn’t do that. I broke my hand once when my legs gave out and I fell. The last fall was ten years ago and I no longer remember how long they took to heal but I do remember that for me they healed the normal length time. The falls stopped.