ANSAR testing-autonomic nervous system

• Anonymous
      January 25, 2007 at 1:45 pm

Has anyone else done this?

On sat evening, I was out to eat and almost passed out. My heart was pounding and I was dizzy for about 3 minutes afterward. Since then, I have felt like I am going to pass out in the afternoon/evenings. MOrnings I am mostly OK. My GP;s partner was in on monday, who is not familiar with me, and when she saw I had gbs, I think she just panicked, because she only did an EKG, and she told me to see neuro. They managed to get me in w/him this morning, and he did orthostatic bp, which was normal, and ordered ansar test and a 24 hour holter monitor, because I was tachycardic during my visit. He also said possible panic disorder, which I dont agree with but you never know. He also said it could be autonomic hypersensitivity. Anyone familiar with any of this? thanks for your help

Cara

• Anonymous
      January 25, 2007 at 3:23 pm

hi cara, i think they are trying to rule out or in neurocardiogenic syncope. i had all those fun things done and thats what i was dx with. don’t stress about the test. take care.

• Anonymous
      January 25, 2007 at 8:34 pm

Hi Cara

Firstly, I have absolutely no idea what is happening with you.

I hope the halter monitor helps.

Having said that, I wouldn’t dismiss the panic attack theory immediately.

Why? I know that they don’t make logical sense. You may feel that there was nothing to panic about and it just happened straight out of the blue. But that is what a panic attack does. Scares the living daylights out of you. I only say this because of a lass that used to work for me who had panic attacks. They just – started. And that is really scary, just as trying to figure it out is scary.

That it doesn’t happen in the mornings but in the evenings is interesting. If there was something physically wrong, wouldn’t you think it would happen at any time of the day?

I’m glad you are following it up and I can understand how scary it is – especially as one panic attack can easily make you hyper-sensitive and thus trigger another – but if it is panic attacks that does not mean “oh well, I can just pretend it’s not happening”. There are ways to help deal with them and in my book a panic attack is quite a biggie because it can be so, so scary.

God bless

• Anonymous
      January 26, 2007 at 8:05 am

Thanks for the support ladies. I feel a touch better today, however I noticed last night when my hubby bumped the bed, that it startled me, causing a passingout like feeling, and then my heart beating fast. I am wondering if it cant be an epinephrine/norepinephrine thing as well. I noticed after guillain barre, for the longest time, I really dont have much of a “startle” reflex, not like I used to, and just chalked it up to residuals. So we’ll see! Thanks for the well wishes!

• Anonymous
      January 26, 2007 at 11:11 am

Hi Cara,

I didn’t relate to your story until you mentioned your husband bumping the bed and how being startled like that provoked more symptoms.

I had an experience like that — husband comes and bumped the bed. I was sound asleep and it so startled me — my heart was pounding… I ended up with a major panic attack. I couldn’t figure out where this had come from. To make a long story short — I found out I had thyroid disease. The thyroid is involved in almost every function of your body.

Have you had your thyroid tested — ?? — dunno… just an idea.

I hope you figure something out and that you feel better soon.

Best wishes…
      Jann

• Anonymous
      January 26, 2007 at 4:52 pm

Cara,

I have had such heart pounding, dizzy spells for many years now. Sometimes I will have a few weeks of nothing, and then it will come on, and stay for either a number of days or weeks. I have to hold on to something, or grab a chair and just be quiet for a few minutes, and my family has learned thats just the way it is. I initially went to my gp because I was extremely worried, specially about passing out in the car, with the kids in it. I was told, in no uncertain terms, that over 90 million people in America suffer from dizziness :rolleyes: ……… PHEW! Thank goodness, now I KNOW!!!! and I thought there was something wrong with me:rolleyes: . Seriously, I honestly just put up with it now. I do have hypothyroid and take meds for that. But this started way before I had a thyroid problem. I still do worry about it, because to me this is not what I would call ‘normal’, but then again, who really defines the word normal 😉 . (sorry, just a little sarcastic humor there)