Another SS question….

• Anonymous
      November 5, 2007 at 11:12 pm

Has anyone dealt with a “Turn Around Document” from SS?

I have a few days to fill this form out. I’m wondering if it is really needed or is it a big waste of my energy and time?
      The form is 7 pages long and wants to know the same things that I went over with the SS person in the office last month.
      One of the questions is: Do the symptoms caused by your illnesses, injuries, or conditions affect your body? yes___ no____ if yes, where in your body do you feel each symptom? and it gives you 2- 6 inch lines to write your answer on.
      There are 7 pages of these types of questions on it, with very little room to write out the answer.

Since I am getting my disability payments from a state retirement program, and was denied any kind of ss I don’t know what I should do. These forms are from Rehabilitation Services Comission, Bureau of Disability Determination. I am already declared as being permantly disabled for the last 2 years, and have not reapplied since being told last month that I don’t qualify for any other ss programs. On the cover letter it says if I don’t fill these forms out in 15 days from the date on the letter, than they will make a decision based on the info they already have-Should I let them use what they already have-whatever that may be? Everytime I look at the questions I just go blank, tooo much info in my head, not sure what to put down first, second etc.. and they don’t give more than 2-6 inch lines for any of the answers-I need a page for each symptom-just to explain it in “my own words” as they demand.

What would you do, if you haven’t dealt with this form, that is? and if you have filled out this form, how technical should I get?
      I’m Soooo Confused, and I don’t know why!!!:confused:

• Anonymous
      November 5, 2007 at 11:29 pm

Cheryl,
      Did you get assigned an intake worker? If so maybe you can call and ask about the importance of this form. I would not ignore it for fear that it will end up jepardizing your current status. I would want to be sure to ensure that the benefits will continue. What did you mean by permanant disability for two years? When did you start getting disability? I am just curious because I am in the same boat. Let us know what comes of this.
      Linda
      PS if you don’t want to call a worker directly about your specific case maybe you can call the general SS number and ask sort of annonymously or go on line and see if there is a description of this document.

• Anonymous
      November 6, 2007 at 11:06 am

After going over all my info with my worker over the phone I then recieved pretty much the same thing in the mail and was told to fill it out so I did and gave the same answers pretty much that I gave the worker. About 4 months later I recieved yet another shorter but detailed form which I found out later is because they thought I had been working since May turns out they had something a medical file or something of my husbands ex wife who has the same name as me and was born 3-8-67 and my birthdate is 8-1-67 but we believe that it was a hospital record because she goes to the same hospital system that I do and it has happened a couple of times before. If I were youI would fill it out as completely as possible just in case because if the government doesn’t do something right it takes forever to correct but if you do something they get you every time. Anyway that is just my opinion and my experience with this. Hope it helps.
      Sincerely
      Jody

• Anonymous
      November 6, 2007 at 3:12 pm

Hi Linda, I was a state employee, I was declared perm disabled this past spring, but I have been disabled since Aug 05. SS gave me 1 year credit towards my 2 year wait for medicare. Other than that I don’t qualify for ss because with my state job I was not paying into the ss system, only the medicare system. Its soo confusing, but in the end I have a letter from ss telling me I am denied because of the formentioned reason. I would normally fill out any and all forms, but this one is soo ridiculous and wants soo much information and gives soo little room for me to write about all my health issues-its very overwhelming. I guess I’m only trying to put off the inevitable… Man How I Hate Paperwork from The Government!:p