another question

• Anonymous
      August 1, 2008 at 9:07 pm

Has anyone noticed a tightness/pain in their chest and/or lungs since GBS? I am in my young 30’s, ok shape, and never had this prior. I don’t know if this is just a fluke thing or another fun side effect of GBS. Side note, I was never on a trach or vent.

This board is so helpful; the only place I have found that everyone understands! Thanks

• Anonymous
      August 1, 2008 at 9:41 pm

I have a tight chest also. It seems to change sides. I have been tested for asthma and it came back negative. I have taken asthma medication and no change.

I also did not have breathing problems when I was under my intial GBS attack.

I think this might be a GBS/CIPD issue, but am not sure.

I hope it helps.

Chris

• Anonymous
      August 1, 2008 at 9:49 pm

I have had walking pneumonia and recently was sent to the hospital with double pneumonia.
      I think it is because my trunk is weak.

• Anonymous
      August 1, 2008 at 10:01 pm

I experienced the tightness as well and have noticed over the years several others who mentioned it. It is a residual but seems it goes away for most people over time-it did for me. Jeff

• August 1, 2008 at 10:27 pm

Yea I hope it goes away. Sometimes mine feels as if my shirt or bra (sorry guys) is too tight. Or like an “almost muscle spasm” in one spot or an area. Not sure if that makes sense, but I am sure it may to some.

• Anonymous
      August 2, 2008 at 6:01 am

Add me in! I get that alot. Like muscle spasms in the chest. Scares the living daylights out of me thinking I am having a heart attack. And is certainly does not feel good either.

• Anonymous
      August 2, 2008 at 10:41 pm

Hi lh, It could be just a residual or it could be a change in your heartbeat. I have it also. Mine is a combination, the only way I can tell the difference is with counting my pulse. I can actually feel the irregular beats. With me my breathing is affected everynight, when I have most of my heart irregularities. and my pains are a bit different, I rather have the residual pain though! Remember to get plenty of rest. Take Care.

• Anonymous
      August 3, 2008 at 9:53 am

Hello lh48 and welcome to the forum. I have not posted for a while. Yep add me to that list of people that experienced the same thing as you have. If you are not sure then do a follow up with your doctor. We have a tendancy to blame everything on GBS and need to question some of the symptoms because they do turn out to be something else. But so many of us have experienced this I think also it is GBS related and gets better. I don’t experience it as much now and did not think about it till you posted your question. Take care! Good question!

• Anonymous
      August 3, 2008 at 10:08 pm

Hi, count me in too. It feels as if my ribs, front and back, are being squeezed by great big hands.