Another GBS story in a local (London) UK paper.

• Anonymous
      November 9, 2006 at 7:52 am
    • Anonymous
      November 9, 2006 at 8:07 am

Thanks, Not much of this makes the news.

• Anonymous
      November 9, 2006 at 10:34 am

thank you!! this story made the news of course it is another recovery story. love to hear how people make the recovery. but we also neeed to get the story out that there are alot of us out here that dont fully recover and are still suffering. keep getting the word out everyone we will get the groups and the researchers we need to get this wiped out!!!

• Anonymous
      November 13, 2006 at 10:59 am

Hi there,

My friend is in hospital with GBS. She’s 20 years old and completely unable to move and is on a ventilator, its so upsetting.

Im a trainee journalist and ive decided to write a feature for my coursework, which should hopefully get published, on GBS.

So, if anyone can give me their story or any information id be very grateful.
      Id never heard of GBS before along with everyone else it seems. I think its important to raise awareness and i hope my feature will do this by not just showing recovery stories but informing people what really happens and can happen to anyone.

Thanks for your help

Nat

• Anonymous
      November 27, 2006 at 8:50 am

This is so exciting!!!!
      Thanks very much for the feedback, I wrote the story but I didn’t know whether I should tell you guys about it or if you would think I was “blowing my own trumpet”! My reason for writing it was because I wanted to raise awareness of GBS.
      I’ve also been contacted by a national publication which is keen on re-publishing the whole article, which would be fab because even more people would read about GBS.
      I’d urge everyone else to try to help raise awareness of GBS, too. If you or any of your relatives do any GBS-related fundraising like sponsored walks etc, local papers are usually interested in covering things like that.
      (BTW my username is Mindy cos I’m a Mork And Mindy fan)
      Take care everyone, and the very best of luck with your recoveries.
      Sarah xx

• Anonymous
      November 27, 2006 at 7:34 pm

Sarah,

I’m way over here in the US, but I didn’t hear any horn being blown when I read it.

Great article! Keep using your profession to make people aware!

Dennis

• Anonymous
      November 27, 2006 at 8:18 pm

Nat ~ if you keep perusing the forums you’ll become aware of the many and varied long term effects of GBS. Even the medical persons don’t have a clear understanding. If you have a specific question(s) you’ll probably get lots of different answers ~ and they will all be right because each body is ‘different”. We will anticipate your shining the spotlight on this disease! Thank you 🙂