Ag good friend

• Anonymous
      November 19, 2007 at 3:21 pm

Afriend of mine, Ros , who has worked with me for 26 years died of Gbs Last weeek at Maryland shock trauma. It really hurts me because she was diagnosed at my hopital and got 5 iivig’s but she judt kept on gerting worste. I talked to her many of times before she left about gbs and that she would recover. She ended up on the vent with an aquired pneumonia that took her life. She was so happy to see me and wanted to know more what would happen but I guesss I let her down. She was an awesome person and friend. Please say a pryer for her. God Bless!!!!!!!!!!11 I wil always miss her siling face. Love, Roxie

• November 19, 2007 at 4:19 pm

Oh Roxie I am so sorry for your loss. Hon, you didn’t let her down, you gave her hope, you helped ease her fears and made her feel more positive. Those are very powerful things and it meant so much to her.

I will keep her and YOU in my prayers. But, know that you did a good thing for your dear friend by telling her positive things and being there for her, okay?

• Anonymous
      November 19, 2007 at 11:41 pm

This is a very hard situation to be in and a month ago I was in the same similar situation. I had been in contact with a gentleman from a nearby county and he kept getting passed around from nursing home to nursinghome and then after three heart attackes he called me from the hospital. Asked me to bring him a few things and I bought them. Called to tell him I would be visiting and his cell phone was full of messages and not accepting any more. I had called that after I called his hospital room and got no answer. I can only feel I let him down also. But they I remember all the hours we talked on the phone. I think his health issues were just too much to deal with and it was not the GBS that worried him. His body just gave out!

I hope your friend had a full life like this gentleman did. It is always hard to let them go but we will always have their memories visit us from time to time.

You are in my thoughts and prayers!

• Anonymous
      November 20, 2007 at 7:54 am

Roxie, You didn’t let her down. You obviously touched her life in a Very Positive Way. You should feel really Proud to have been able to do that. You Made a Difference Hun!! Big Hugs!! Ros and You are in My Prayers.