After the presentation

• Anonymous
      September 14, 2007 at 1:02 pm

Hello everyone so…the GBS presentation went well..I think I overwhelmed everyone with ALL the info I had…and how fast I spoke…I had 20 minutes and SO much to say. The handouts and various facts and info I think helped get my point across.
      Hmm the intervention part? well not so well..Feldenkrais takes a long time to specialize in..but with such restrictions on what we could do…I thought going outside the box would work..and PFFT I bombed. It didnt help that my instructor doesnt believe in alternative medicine..which is funny because Asheville is the city of alternative med. Oh well its over but hopefully not my contact with many of you that have shared with me.

Continue to make strides towards self betterment.

As a friend told me…GBS= getting better slowly…and another said….Going Beyond Survival….so keep moving and living life.

Maria T. future PT hoping to make a difference!

• Anonymous
      September 17, 2007 at 11:09 am

I would just like to say thank you so much for taking an interest in GBS. It is so misunderstood. Good luck w/your studies!

• Anonymous
      September 17, 2007 at 12:22 pm

Hello Maria,
      At least it’s good that part of it went well for you. I have severe CIDP, the other syndrome, and PT and exercise are VITAL to me so that I can rebuild as much muscle strength as possible. We need PT therapists who will research and learn about our syndromes and the best way is to learn the needs of the ones who have them. FATIGUE is a big issue for us and many of us do not have the endurance to do PT 2 or 3 times a week. For me, my therapist learned that I could benefit by 1 day a week. And another thing, I would like a PT therapist to understand that when your feet are extremely numb and you do not have normal feeling, you HAVE to look down at them. As far as I’m concerned, looking up will come later.

I would love to see a PT therapist on our forum to advise and motivate us. I need one.