Afraid of the unknown……………..

• Anonymous
      March 27, 2007 at 7:05 am

Well here I am again probably a bit paranoid and nervous! Monica and I are going for her spinal and blood work this morning. Hope all goes well and she isn’t going to be in much pain. (if that can be said) Monica seems to be doing better she is walking alot better still somewhat wobblely but can actually walk which is good. I guess being a mother its hard to see your child go thru all this and now the tests and more tests. I hate waiting and not knowing either May seems so far away to wait for the results. I hope her neuro lets us know how these tests turn out before then. Also I suppose now that she is doing alright so to speak I’m afraid of the relasp and what will come then. She also goes for her 2 infusions(IvIg) wed and thur. I still worry for her because she truely doesn’t quite grasp this whole cidp and feels “I’m getting better” I know I can win and be the one who conquers this. Thanks for listening and for my ranting. :confused:

• Anonymous
      March 27, 2007 at 7:09 am

I can’t imagine how hard it is for you. I hope all goes well today, I don’t know if I could watch my child go thrugh what I have been through. I’ll be praying for both of you today.
      Let us know how things go.

God bless
      Tonya

• Anonymous
      March 27, 2007 at 9:13 am

Hello Dawn,
      We’re all afraid of the UNKNOWN, but we DO have hope and many of us respond well to treatments like IVIG’s and can return to a near normal life, NEVER 100% though. It’s a long wait for the results of bloodwork and that’s what scares you so much, ask the technicians or nurse how long it will take until you know the results, that helps with the worry.

• Anonymous
      March 27, 2007 at 6:57 pm

Hi Dawn,

Like Liz said, being afriad of the unknown is the hardest to accept. But so many people have had remissions and went back to school or work, there is always hope. Never give up the hope, that is what keeps everyone going.

What makes you think that you will be told the results in May, that’s crazy.
      My husband got his results the same day in the hospital. The results don’t take that long. Call the Drs in a few days and ask if the results are in and keep calling until you get the results. Blood work results are usually available by the next day unless they are specialized tests that do take awhile to come in.

Let us know how she did with the spinal today.

• Anonymous
      March 28, 2007 at 10:44 pm

I agree with Brandy. Maybe the bill will show up in may but the results should be done the same day or very shortly after. They did my blood in hours. As far as worrying about the unknown, I know it is tough but a POSITIVE MIND can work miracles. Channel your positive thoughts into getting better and you will be suprised. None of us know our future and more will be revealed daily, all you have to do is reconize it. My progress is getting better every day and I still have “those days” that just suck.They are the ones that turn the mind 180 degrees and you have to get right back on track and remember NOBODY has everyday go their way. Hang in there and don’t let the little or medium or semi-large setbacks get you down. My wife keeps reminding me of a Bob Seger song “Turn the Page” this is just another chapter in our biography.
      Tim

• Anonymous
      March 28, 2007 at 10:52 pm

FEAR IS A LACK OF FAITH!! Have FAITH that all will work out. There is a reason we got this and I prefer to believe it’s so someone can learn that nothing is for granted. There may be a neighbor or a co-worker that needs this to touch them. We are being used as teachers to help others. 🙂