Adjustable Desk

• Anonymous
      December 5, 2008 at 9:34 am

Hey ya’ll,
      In my search to find a desk I can use from a mostly reclining position I found these gems (link below). I ordered one last week and this week they went on sale – so I called them and they gave me the discounted price. If you are looking for an adjustable desk that can go from standing to sitting to lying down this might be an option for you. It’s not cheap, but then again staring at something besides the ceiling is worth the price to me. The company was extremely customer friendly and will custom make a desk for you if you have a particular size you need. I will let you know how it works out, I should have it in a week and up and running by the first of the year.

[url]http://www.anthro.com/cpage.aspx?scid=12[/url]

Julie

P.S. One of the things that appealed to me in addition to the adjustment is the configuration of the bottom, the U-shape and the wheels – you can pull it over a reclining chair and your feet don’t hit the back of the desk. I’ve looked at at least fifty desks and this is the only one I found that could do that.

• Anonymous
      December 5, 2008 at 4:45 pm

Thanks for sharing the info Julie. I’ll have to look into one for myself also. Let us know how you like it.:)

• Anonymous
      December 5, 2008 at 5:15 pm

I will do that, naturally I have a thousand things to do before I can actually use it. First we have to move my office into what is now the guest room because it has hardwood floors, so I can roll the desk, and only one window – so I can put up my new “blackout curtains”. And THEN I have to put it together, with the assistance of my husband who has no patience for that kind of thing – so it might take awhile. But since they are on sale I didn’t want to wait in case someone wanted to order one this month – I ended up saving nearly $300 with the sale and discount. And frankly I was very impressed with their customer service which is kind of unusual these days. I might keep pulling this to the top until the end of the month so people have a chance to check it out. Who knows what will be on sale next month. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Anonymous
      December 6, 2008 at 5:51 pm

That looks really nice. It would definately get its monies worth in my home.
      Peace,
      Flower

• Anonymous
      December 6, 2008 at 9:01 pm

Hi Julie: Thanks for the link. I can’t sit more than a few hours without the pain taking over, so it is something I could use, especially for my computer. It is an investment I will give a lot of thought to. Jeff

• Anonymous
      December 9, 2008 at 4:37 am

And it’s on SALE this month for a big chunk off the normal price. I got the 60″ one because it was only $40 more than the 48″ and I wanted to make sure I had enough room for my laptop, mouse AND drawing pad.

Right now the 60″ basic unit is $545, [B]$345 off the regular price[/B]- that’s a big chunk of change!!! The 48″ is $519 which is $320 off the regular price.

I do not think the two smaller sizes will fit over a recliner – my recliner width is around 35″ (the arms are puffy). Trust me, I did a lot of research and bookmarked a lot of different desks, this one seems like it will work the best for me. If anyone wants the links I bookmarked so you can look at the other desks I’ll be happy to send them to you but I don’t think it would be polite to post them on this thread. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Anonymous
      December 9, 2008 at 11:14 am

It’s HERE! It just showed up. If you decide to order this desk make sure you have someone who can carry/use a dolly to carry at least 140 lbs. to take it to it’s final destination. I expect you could unpack it and carry the pieces but they only get it to the ground floor of your house. I’m pretty excited, it’s going to be hard to wait to get it set up!

• Anonymous
      December 9, 2008 at 7:17 pm

You give encouragement to so many — you deserve a fancy new desk!! Let us know how it works for you ๐Ÿ™‚

• Anonymous
      December 10, 2008 at 7:55 am

You are so sweet to say that! I don’t know about deserve – it’s more a matter of self-preservation… ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Anonymous
      December 25, 2008 at 4:34 am

Ok – just check out this multimedia workstation! We spent the last three days rearranging the house and putting the desk together. Don’t worry, the desk only took a couple of hours… it was the rest of the stuff. And without going into too much detail… THIS THING IS AWESOME! It’s exactly what I needed and wanted. As you can see from the picture I’ve got everything I need within reach except for the bathroom! And check out all that stuff! That TV is 16 years old and still works perfect – LOVE Sony, quality stuff. And this desk is quality stuff too – I think I could ride this through a hurricaine and come out just fine. It’s so sturdy I’m not going to be able to break it no matter how clumsy I get. The desk is heavy but I have no trouble sitting in the lounge chair pulling it back and forth. My only trouble is a persistant tendancy to step on the wheel brake locks which confuses me when I try to move it next. That’s just user error – it’s not completely idiot proof! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Anyway, it’s the best Christmas present I’ve had in years and years. Merry Christmas everyone!

(please ignore the grungy floors and art table – there used to be a lot of paint flying around this room and we’re still in transition)

[IMG]http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/pp70/Julie_CIDP/Desk/JimandJuliesChristmas005.jpg[/IMG]
      [IMG]http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/pp70/Julie_CIDP/Desk/JimandJuliesChristmas004.jpg[/IMG]

Oh dear, I have to comment on that knife that I forgot was in the picture – it’s just a joke, we were taking these to show my parents and hubby wanted them to know I was well protected in a close up fight… it’s just a joke so don’t go thinking I’m all psycho or anything. I should also point out that the portion of the desk that my laptop and drawing pad are on elevates from a standing position to all the way lying down so I can use it completely reclined or sitting or even standing up if I have the leg strength for that.

• Anonymous
      December 25, 2008 at 6:24 am

Julie your workstation is beautiful, enjoy!

• Anonymous
      December 25, 2008 at 7:30 am

Julie,
      Great setup of your workstation. Like your blue recliner, it looks comfy.
      Merry Christmas to you, hubby and the kids (dogs).

• Anonymous
      January 15, 2009 at 7:40 am

I’m such a space cadet… I keep forgetting to post that these are still on sale and they told me that they will periodically be on sale every few months so if you are saving up just keep checking back and they will be on sale again at some point in the next year.

I absolutely love this thing, it has added such new dimension to my life, especially when I am feeling too bad to go further than from my bed to the big blue lounge chair. (this chair [B]is [/B]comfy but it’s falling apart… it’s at least 10 years old, inherited from my in-laws when they moved. ๐Ÿ˜€ )

I think the desk is a good investment that will likely last longer than me!

Julie

• Anonymous
      January 15, 2009 at 11:32 am

I have an office but after I got really sick I had a hard time being comfortable in my office sitting in my chair. I have 3 computers too and didn’t want to throw my old one out when I bought my new one. Also have a laptop. Me and my husband are both computer junkies. I bought a hospital food table from one of those places that has hospital bed rentals and supplies. He had some used ones for $50.00. And my monitor is a flat screen and it fits perfect on that hospital tray! But yours is much nicer than mine. I use this is my den and can sit in my recliner and enjoy. Nice set up you have though! Wouldn’t mind having a nice one like that! Have fun now and enjoy~
      Linda H

• Anonymous
      January 15, 2009 at 1:47 pm

Julie,
      NIIIIICE,

Quite the Comm. Centre. The only thing I see missing there is a
      Pillow and an Afghan. Whats up with that??-tim–

• Anonymous
      January 15, 2009 at 7:00 pm

Tim! I have the pillow and afghan! LOL! Too funny that you mentioned that one. Me being sick alot I have actually caught myself typing in my computer and fell asleep in my chair. Must be too comfortable huh?
      Linda H

• Anonymous
      January 20, 2009 at 8:12 pm

This is where I spend too many hours a day. I do my job and home computer work from here. I can do TV, XM, Dual Prints but have no comfy chair. thats next. It is a corner piece in my kitchen I got at staples for a few hundred. I have a room I can use as an office but I like being in my Kitchen. All my stuff is here, my hats, boots, backpacks. Wifey hates it but this is where I can be found.–tim–

[IMG]http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo309/tjr1080/timworkdesk.jpg[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      January 20, 2009 at 8:51 pm

Julie-you inspired me to look into what I would want too. So I found an over the bed desk that I can build gradually into a computer station if I choose. It is made for couch or bed and just what I have wanted:

[url]http://www.gbs-cidp.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1238&stc=1&d=1232502645[/url]

• Anonymous
      January 20, 2009 at 9:01 pm

[IMG]http://www.airdesks.com/images/computer_desk.jpg[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      January 20, 2009 at 9:05 pm

Julie-you inspired me to look for something that might work for me-recliners don’t help my pain but lying on a couch or bed does, so I looked for an over the bed desk and found one that you can put a whole computer or on or just start slow-below are two images-the first what I have and the second what I can build if I choose. It is a great help to me to work while reclining and fun too.
      Jeff-these also are more affordable which helped as well.

[IMG]http://www.airdesks.com/images/42inch1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.airdesks.com/images/computer_desksm.jpg[/IMG]