A website I found on CIDP & other conditions

• Anonymous
      August 15, 2008 at 12:39 pm

[FONT=Georgia]I was doing a websearch earlier & I found this site it has a lot of info on CIDP & other conditions. Have any of you ever saw this as I didn’t know it existed.[/FONT]
      [URL=”http://www.cidpusa.org/index.html”]http://www.cidpusa.org/index.html[/URL]

• Anonymous
      August 15, 2008 at 2:49 pm

Terry-very interesting site with a lot of info. Read a bit of several topics-will read more of them later. The E book sounds interesting.
      Emma

• Anonymous
      August 15, 2008 at 7:25 pm

I found that site when Emily was first dx’d. I’ve learned to take most things written there with a grain of salt. They do have some good info however I’ve found a few things that were wrong or out of date.

A good thing to remember when researching ANYTHING online is to not believe what you read until you have found it on, at least, 3 reputable sites.

Kelly

• Anonymous
      August 15, 2008 at 9:39 pm

That was the first CIDP site I found. I concur with Kelly. They tend to post opinions and unsubstantiated rumors as fact. There is some good information there, but you need to be careful to separate fact from opinion.

• Anonymous
      August 16, 2008 at 10:45 am

Hi all,

I did order the E book that this site offered. It is informative, and yes, as with any study, opinion, treatment option, you have to pick through the info and grab what you are comfortable with. If anyone wants info, I can try to attach it, but admit I’m a bit computer illiterate! But be warned, it’s a bit of the natural health modality of healing.

Dawn

• Anonymous
      August 16, 2008 at 10:55 am

[FONT=Times New Roman]That site on somethings might be comparable to Drs especialilly Neurologists, you might get one that is very good & then again you might get one that doesn’t know jack squat. A good example the Neurologist that diagnosed my wife’s GBS was from Russia & she was super smart she was great. But there were others there, well that’s another story.[/FONT]

• Anonymous
      August 16, 2008 at 1:03 pm

This is a very interesting site, Terry, by a so-called “nonprofit” organization located in Lahore, Pakistan. E-books, consultation over the Internet??? When I first studied it a few years ago I dismissed it very quickly. Sure there’s a lot of interesting information, but they don’t appear to be very “nonprofit”. They do mention traditional treatment of autoimmune diseases like IVIG, but at the same time they also advocate alternate methods.
      [QUOTE]Autoimmune diseases are the number one killer among men, women and animals. The number one cause of disease is autoimmune. Learn to prevent these diseases before they start. Simple treatments to stop them. Complete management with diet alone for athletes Myocarditis to Alzheimer’s. Take your health in your hands do not wait for surprises[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=”Red”][U][B]Complete management with diet alone [/B][/U]for athletes Myocarditis to Alzheimer’s.[/COLOR]?? Or if your disease was caused by a toxin, stop exposing yourself to this toxin. I wished it was that easy. Issues like this have been discussed here in the past with a range of opinions. I really don’t want to start a new discussion. I just wanted to share my opinion about this particular website.

Please don’t get me wrong. I don’t have any bias against foreign doctors. There are good ones and not so good ones just like here. As a matter of fact, I have three excellent doctors all from foreign countries. My oncologist is a native of Italy, my neurologist is Chinese, and my internist is a native of India, the best doctor I ever had. Unfortunately she just moved away and I had to pick a new one. I haven’t seen him yet but he has a Spanish name. Our experience with some doctors while living in Thailand for a few years was not so positive. Before being diagnosed correctly here in the US in 2005, I saw a neurologist there once. He tapped my knee, had me walk up and down the aisle and then diagnosed me with Parkinson’s. This was totally off the mark. I insisted on an MRI of my brain but it showed nothing. Only later I found out that Parkinson’s does not show up in an MRI. He never told me that.

• Anonymous
      August 16, 2008 at 1:19 pm

I do appreciate Terry taking the time to post this site. I have not had a chance to read much of it, and maybe I won’t agree with all of it, but it helps me whenever someone takes a moment to suggest other sites that I can read, when there are so many out there. I know how to google, but thanks Terry for giving me one place to look at.
      Emma