A Very Sad Day

• Anonymous
      November 4, 2007 at 11:05 pm

Hello Everyone

Yesterday, November 3, 2007, I received a phone call from the police dept.
      asking me my name…the officer kept saying, “I’m so sorry, I’m so sorry…
      I said what’s wrong…he kept saying “I’m so sorry, I’m so sorry”, then I
      realized, my sister died. A neighbor found her in the bathroom…I’m so
      scared, she was my rock. I don’t know how I’m going to make it…

She had lung cancer, on oxygen tanks, but it got worse. I talked to her
      Friday night, that was the last time.

I’m all alone now, there’s no one else…I can’t sleep, I can’t eat, I just cry all
      day. I have to get an attorney to settle her affairs.

The tears won’t stop, she died alone…I really want to go with her. I had to
      get a neighbor to drive me to her house to identify her body. I give up, I
      can’t do this anymore..,it’s too much…

Miami Girl
      God forgive me

• Anonymous
      November 4, 2007 at 11:14 pm

Miami Girl,
      I was so shocked by your post. I am so so so sorry this has happened. Please know that you are not alone. If you need anything please ask.You can PM me anytime. I wish I could just come to help you through this. Please don’t give up hope. We all need you and are here for you. I am praying for you.
      Sincerely,
      Linda

• Anonymous
      November 4, 2007 at 11:16 pm

You can continue. You are strong. Please immediately call someone close to you–a friend or neighbor and ask if they can stay with you for a while because you are so sad. If not, then stay on line and talk to the people here who care about you. If you really cannot see living, call a suicide hotline and talk with someone. Listen, what helps all of us is that there are people that care. They may be by our side or only by our side in heart. Your sister would want you to know that she is and always will be by your side in heart.

With Hope.

• Anonymous
      November 4, 2007 at 11:25 pm

Miami Girl,
      Please know that you are not alone. I am so sorry this has happened to you. If you need Anything, I am willing to help. I wish I could come there and help, but know that all of us here care and are here for you always. PM me if you’d like.
      All my best is with you.
      Linda

• Anonymous
      November 4, 2007 at 11:32 pm

I hope you get this.

• Anonymous
      November 4, 2007 at 11:36 pm

Hello Miami Girl,
      Just hold onto us, your family here, you’re not alone. I lost my sister eleven years ago, she died suddenly from an embolism one week after my birthday. I understand what your loss is doing to you. I will email you very soon to talk, maybe a phone call will help you so that you know someone cares.

• Anonymous
      November 4, 2007 at 11:54 pm

Miami Girl, Love is the greatest emotion and it is not broken by death. Love is greater than that. The love you shared with your sister is still there and will help you and give comfort to you. The love you share with this family will also help sustain you though the times are difficult. One of the tiny things that having this illness teaches us is that we can get through hard times. It is a lesson we rather have not had to learn, but there is strength in all of us that keeps us and sustains us despite these hard times. We go on and you can. You have. Live to tell of the love that sisters share to those around you who appreciate the love-lessons you have learned in life and share with us.

With Hope

• Anonymous
      November 5, 2007 at 12:34 am

I really don’t know what to say, except that I am sorry, so very sorry… You menioned that your sister was your rock; have you ever considered that you just might be someone else’s rock? If you can’t think of someone there right off-hand, then maybe there have been people here on this forum who have leaned on you at one time or another, now it is your turn to lean on us. I have days also where it seems just sooo hard to go on, but then I realize, disabled or not, I am still the matriarch of this family. We are all needed for one reason or another, we might not know what it is, when we are in so much grief. I will say a prayer for your sister tonight, but even more for you, that you can get through this very difficult time in your life.
      Blessings, Pam
      I know that a lot of people view internet forums & chats as somewhere people can go anonymously & try to pretend to be someone they are not, but this forum is not like that. I think we all speak from the heart when we post our concerns for others. If you ever need someone to talk to, just shoot me an email & I will call you. I care, I really do…

• Anonymous
      November 5, 2007 at 1:19 am

Miami Girl, please let us hear from you. WithHope

• Anonymous
      November 5, 2007 at 7:06 am

Miami Girl, Please don’t feel like your sister left this world alone. She knew you Loved Her with All Your Soul. She was tired and She knew there was a Better Place for Her right now. You were Her Rock, just as She was Yours. Please call someone, You need to be with someone at this time. I’m Soo Sorry for Your Loss. Please know that You can lean on This Family. We care about You. God is with You and so is Your Sister, They Always Will Be. You and Your Family Are In My Thoughts and Prayers.

• Anonymous
      November 5, 2007 at 8:16 am

[B][I][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=blue]Miami Girl: You have my deepest sympathy on your loss of your sister. Just try & be strong I know what it’s like to lose someone you love. I’m still trying to deal with the loss of my wife, my days are full of loneliness & despair. I get so upset I still sit & cry, I think my love for my wife has grown even more since I lost her. Just know you are in my thoughts, Remember I’m Pulling For You.[/COLOR][/FONT][/I][/B]

• Anonymous
      November 5, 2007 at 9:01 am

MG,

I am so very very sorry that this has happened. My deepest sympathy for your loss, I wish some of us lived nearer to you so that we could help you through this very difficult time.

• Anonymous
      November 5, 2007 at 9:05 am

Miami Girl,

My heart is breaking for you and I am so truly sorry about your sister. Please know that you have us here…
      Hold your loved one forever in your heart and they can never be far away.

My prayers are with you.

Stacey

• Anonymous
      November 5, 2007 at 9:47 am

Miami Girl:
      Thinking of you. It is dark now, but just hold on. You can find your way. One day at a time–my heart goes out to you.
      Cincymom

• Anonymous
      November 5, 2007 at 11:07 am

Miami Girl,
      My heart goes out to you. I am still grieving the loss of my sister as well. There are days when I still wonder why does it have to be this way….she was such a good person. God knows who he wants close to him and when he decides; its not up to us to question why but we must learn to accept and be grateful for the time we had with them. I am always recalling things my sister said to me or noticing the influence she had on her children that now comes thru. It gives me comfort to have all the memories that make her even more special in my heart. I know its not easy now to accept, but she is at peace and watching over you. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

• Anonymous
      November 5, 2007 at 12:13 pm

Hi Miami Girl,
      I am sooooo sorry about your sister. I have always felt your mutual love for each other reading your previous posts. Please know many people are praying for you and hope you will get through this difficult time. They always say God only gives us what we can handle and sometimes I have to wonder why some of us have more on our plates than others. I know that you along with many others on this forum have inspired me when I’ve been down, so please stay with us and come here when you need a comforting ear. No one will ever replace her…but she will always be with you in your heart.

Take Care,

Joyce

• Anonymous
      November 5, 2007 at 1:11 pm

Miami Girl,
      You have my deepest sympathy and empathy. I am so sorry for your loss. I know what you’re going through. It’s only been 2 weeks since my mom has passed and there’s so much to deal with. It will get better. Please don’t give up.

Caryn

• November 5, 2007 at 4:56 pm

Miami Girl,
      I am so sorry for your sad news. If I can be a kind ear to you, let me know.
      You have always been a source of stregnth to others, so let us be a source of stregnth for you. Please if you are up to it, check in with us to let us know you are ok.
      Sincerely,
      Dawn

• Anonymous
      November 5, 2007 at 6:38 pm

Miami Girl We are here for you.
      Know I am thinking of you at this time

Sue

• Anonymous
      November 5, 2007 at 10:37 pm

I am sorry for your loss. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
      MJ

• Anonymous
      November 6, 2007 at 7:47 am

Miami girl,

please let us know you are ok.

• Anonymous
      November 6, 2007 at 8:54 am

I am so so so sorry. If there is anything I can do for you please don’t hesitate to ask. I hope you have someone who can stay with you for awhile, or at least that you can call and talk. If you want to talk please IM me and I’ll send you my phone number. Take care of yourself and hang in there, we need you Miami Girl!

Julie

• Anonymous
      November 6, 2007 at 5:28 pm

Please know that we’re all here for you, I’m praying for you. May God be your consolation.

• Anonymous
      November 7, 2007 at 1:24 am

Honey,
      We’re all really concerned about you. I know there’s a lot of stuff to deal with, but please let us know how you’re doing as soon as you can.

We all love you!

Caryn

• Anonymous
      November 7, 2007 at 8:31 pm

I was so sorry to hear about your sister. You have been helpful to many of us — now let us help you!! Please know that we care about you…..
      Sending a big hug your way!

• Anonymous
      November 7, 2007 at 9:46 pm

mg,

I don’t know you very well, but I want you to know that both you and she are in my thoughts and prayers. If you need anything at all, we are here for you.

Jerimy