A teacher, pt and ot have been approved for Dell

• Anonymous
      March 1, 2007 at 12:04 pm

We have some good news, too bad it’s not about Dell’s health.

Anyway, Dell has been approved through our school system, when he is 3, in a couple of months, a teacher, pt and ot will be coming to the home.

If it wasn’t for all the sickness at school, he would go to the “special class” everyday from 9-1 and a little bus would pick him up at home. If I could convince him to wear a mask, he could go a few hours a week.

We are very happy about this development, it will also give me some free time. He did not qualify for speech but we are fine with that.

Lori

• Anonymous
      March 1, 2007 at 4:13 pm

Around of drinks ~ V8 ~ for everyone. This is great news. Thank you for letting us celebrate with you 🙂

• Anonymous
      March 2, 2007 at 8:48 am

Lori, That is Wonderful news. Let us know how Dell is doing. I bet he is excited. Give Dell Big Hugs for me.:)

• Anonymous
      March 2, 2007 at 10:59 pm

Lori,
      I have been wondering about you lately. Glad to hear from you. God bless all of you. Take all the help you can get. Maybe the teacher will help with the speach. You are in my prayers.
      Mary Ann

• Anonymous
      March 3, 2007 at 12:14 am

My son was born with spina bifida (he is now 26), & was eligible for help through the public school at age 4. Because he needed PT we sent him, also because no pre-school back then would take a child who couldn’t walk. Anyways, it was the best thing for him, as they taught him to walk with a walker, & then crutches soon after that. He was very bright & they were also able to teach him how to read (with a little help from me, as I was a teacher.)

I was just wondering why he can’t go to the school, or why he needs a mask. Is his immune system considered compromised right now? I have had a severe case of CIDP for almost 5 years now & have yet to come down with a cold. Ironically it was a cold I got from a student that they believed originally caused my CIDP. But now I seem to be immune, even when my husband has a very bad cold.

• Anonymous
      March 4, 2007 at 11:06 am

Thanks for all of your replys.

Dell should not go to school because when he does get a cold, it’s hard for him to cough the mucus.

He’s been on ivig since 11/05 and had only caught one cold (one too many). We feel very fortunate not to have gotten anything else but we keep him away from church, stores and most of all my nieces and nephews. Although they may be well when they come for a visit, a couple days later, they have come down with something. Some of them are in daycare and have a new sickness everytime you turn around.

Dell is doing ok at present. The ivig stopped working. It’s a long story but we were admitted last weekend for 3 days of treatments (total 25 grams) and that boosted him. He can walk again in his k posture walker and cruise around the furniture without difficulty. Before the treatment, we could not leave him at the furnture, he was falling too much.

I don’t know what the answer is. I talked with a guy at Octapharma. I think I’ll write a separate thread for that.

Thanks for all of your well wishes. Yes, Dell is going to be excited about ppl. coming over. He is very social, esp. around toys.

Love, Lori

• Anonymous
      March 5, 2007 at 12:53 am

Congrats Lori I am so happy to hear that they will offer that for Dell. I will try and call tomorrow so we can catch up. Hope all is well.

Jerimy