a personal question

• Anonymous
      June 22, 2007 at 4:41 pm

I have found that this website is incredible!! Everyone’s stories are uplifting and I feel that we are not alone. I am a 28 year old female diagnosed with GBS since April. I posted my story before and since then I am walking on my own and able to return to work. I feel wonderful!!! I have a final follow up in sept. the doctors are impressed with the way i progressed. One question, now i know the guys wont answer, but I skipped my period in may and now june. i am sure its normal, but I never skipped a period so far and i am a little scared. Ladies is this normal?? I tried finding previous posts on this matter and unfortunately i didnt find anything. also, my husband and i are thinking of trying to get pregnant next year. are there risks? I read some posts on expectant mothers, but i guess there’s always fear in the back of my mind. thanks

• June 22, 2007 at 7:02 pm

Glad you are doing so great!!! That is so good to hear :):)

I didnt skip any periods personally and havent heard of this. I do know PMS can cause residuals to act up but that is all I know as far as GBS and female stuff.

Any chance you could be starting your family sooner?? Any unusual stress you may be under? I know at one time I went thru a very stressful situation and I skipped mine for a couple of months.

HUGS!
      Lori

Oh, where are you at? I am mapping GBS people that have been diagnosed since July of last year. Its a little experiment I am doing…may mean nothing , but the pattern so far is rather interesting.

• June 22, 2007 at 7:32 pm

Hi,
      Glad you have recovered so well. About three months ago I remember some posts regarding missed periods. One of the members actually was pregnant. But I believe I remember others responding that they had missed periods. My ten year old has gbs/cidp, so I cannot personally answer the question. Did you try the forum search? Good luck and keep on improving.
      Dawn Kevies mom 😮

• Anonymous
      June 23, 2007 at 4:45 am

I have implanon implants and only get my period about every 6 months (of course i got it while i was paralysed in ICU!) , but i know that stress can definitely throw your cycle out so i wouldnt be too concerned … unless there is a chance you could be pregnant, in which case i’d be excited rather than concerned. If it is worrying you, do a test just to put your mind at ease.

• Anonymous
      June 23, 2007 at 8:22 am

thanks ladies 🙂 I will wait until july and then we shall see. I dont think i am pregnant b/c we arent trying yet, but you never know!!