A Night in the ER

• Anonymous
      November 20, 2010 at 12:53 pm

I’m so glad I can finally sit up straight enough to be on my computer after having a very rough 4 days. I got acute diarrhea Tuesday nite. My diagnosis at the ER was enteritis, colitis and gastroenteritis of presumed infectious origin. I think i had food poisoning. I’m praying I didn’t have the campy bacteria… they did not test for which kind of bacteria. I’m taking Flagyl and Cipro. I kept telling everyone in the ER that I had had GBS so they would know what my autoimmune system is like.

And as you know, I am unemployed and have no insurance. They drugged me up with a drip of some strong pain killer so I don’t remember very well what was said, but I think one lady told me they would be seeing if I was eligible for Medicaid. And I had noted on my info that I was filing for SSD. Someone from the hospital called me the next day and asked if i had an attorney. I told no, not yet as i see an attorney next Tuesday. Curious as to why they asked that?

Time for more fluids and wishing I could still have that pain killer from Tues. nite 🙂

P.S. This all started after a wine tasting event with some strange hors d’ouevres.

• Anonymous
      November 20, 2010 at 7:23 pm

Fun time in the ER and now on Flagyl and Cipro? They can be wonderful for a short term, but long term? Well, web up these meds ‘prescribing information’ sheets and look at the side effects…. PN is a noticeable one. SIGH.
      Next time at a wine tasting? Eat the CRACKERS only, plus some wine? Leave the rest to others to take their chances. For what’s food poisoning or the like for ‘most’ is NOT for us.
      GET copies of all the hospital’s tests and evaluations, reports etc asap and once you get that lawyer? Give them to HIM/HER!!!! Copies of your copies of course.
      I’ll pray in the meantime that you are only on those meds for a short stint [14days or ideally less] I know you’ll have to go back for constant testing to ‘check’ if you are clear – And I’ll be crossing my fingers and eyes until you get that all clear!
      No fun goes unpunished? DRAT!!! Hugs in the meantime, don’t go far from the ‘commode’. [Baby wipes w/aloe help if it lasts a while, but just be careful!] MORE HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Anonymous
      November 20, 2010 at 8:06 pm

Good Gosh Chrissy! That just about sums it up, huh.
      Was the Lady who called you from the hospital’s Social Services Office? They are very interested in you getting the SSD so they can file a claim with medicade (I think).
      Are you getting better yet?
      You should make a lovely picture for the attorney to see:o .
      Please take it easy and carefully. Document everything, and take it with you to attorney. We are all behind you here.

• Anonymous
      November 21, 2010 at 12:42 pm

Thank you Lori and Alma for your well wishes! No more wine tastings for me – ever!!!

Lori, I’m confused about a couple of your comments. What/why would the docs be checking me again for to get an ‘all clear’? Why would this help my SS case?

I’m finally feeling a little bit better. I have discovered Desitin for the first time in my life LOL. I have to go see my old PCP doc (for cash ugh) Monday and I can probably get copies of everything from this droc from the ER as they are both in the same hospital system.

My sister that has been helping financially has said she can’t do it anymore. I’ve started going to a new church the past couple of weeks and I wonder if they could assist me?

My hole keeps getting deeper… (no pun intended)

• Anonymous
      November 21, 2010 at 2:36 pm

I’m sorry you had the bad bout of enteritis Chrissy. Just said a little prayer that no aftermath results. Desitin is indeed good for a stingy sore butt.
      Laurel