A local community reaches out to help

• Anonymous
      June 25, 2007 at 3:41 pm

Guillain-Barre Syndrome
      Reporter: Caroline Brady
      Email Address: caroline.brady@wifr.com
      Erin Drabek was working as a surgical nurse at Rockford Memorial Hospital when she started experiencing symptoms of what was eventually diagnosed as Guillain-Barre Syndrome, an illness that affects the peripheral nervous syndrome. In just weeks, Erin was bed ridden. While she is on the road to recovery, her friends held an event Sunday night, hoping to help Erin and husband Frank cover the increasing costs of treatment as she continues physical therapy.

“With all the bad things that have happened in the past year, it really has been a blessing to come this far and realize I have all these people here to help support me,” Erin says.

The event was planned by erin’s coworker’s at Rockford Memorial and featured music, a silent auction and a dinner.

• Anonymous
      June 25, 2007 at 4:42 pm

My best to Erin and her family. I would like to have attended the benefit but learned of it too late to arrange transportation. I live in the same city.

Mari

• Anonymous
      June 27, 2007 at 12:46 am

[COLOR=red]My fire company and NJ hometown had raised money fir me back in 1999. 🙂 [/COLOR]