A Little News Story On My Returning to Work– & SCT

• Anonymous
      February 2, 2011 at 5:23 pm

[FONT=”Microsoft Sans Serif”]the only thing the reporter got wrong is that my stem cells were extracted from my neck, not my hip–lol.

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_17263632?IADID=Search-www.mercurynews.com-www.mercurynews.com&nclick_check=1%5B/FONT%5D

• Anonymous
      February 2, 2011 at 8:54 pm

Great article. It summarizes your journey. Congratulations!

Good luck on your first day of work next monday! Let me know how it goes!
      Im preparing for mine….soon I hope!

Take care,

Rossana

• Anonymous
      February 2, 2011 at 10:32 pm

[FONT=”Microsoft Sans Serif”]thanks rossana! glad you too are headed back to work ๐Ÿ™‚ [/FONT]

• Anonymous
      February 3, 2011 at 2:27 pm

Good wishes to you on your return to work. May you have fun, rewarding, painless days as you continue on.

Let us know how it goes as I know I will be waiting with great anticipation to hear your stories!

Stay safe and stay on your feet!:)

• Anonymous
      February 3, 2011 at 2:33 pm

[FONT=”Microsoft Sans Serif”]and thanks for your other post too. i’m very glad you feel hope– that as always my goal in posting about my treatment and subsequent success. ๐Ÿ™‚
      keep us posted![/FONT]

• Anonymous
      February 3, 2011 at 5:25 pm

Congratulations. It was/is one long uphill battle but you are doing it. Hang in there. You are giving hope to a whole lot of people you may never meet. Again, Congratulations and best wishes.

• February 4, 2011 at 11:08 am

Congratulations Alice! Great article (in spite of the inaccuracy … LOL). The whole press thing is kinda fun (I had a local newspaper write an article about me attending the Miracle Mile in North Carolina last year and CIDP). I had 3 objectives in mind with the article … educating people about CIDP, encouraging those who have autoimmune disorders/neuropathies, and giving Glory to God for what He’s done in my life. I felt the article achieved all three.

I hope your article accomplished all that you intended. You certainly have educated people about the stem cell work that is going on at Northwestern and I think you’ve given a lot of very sick discouraged people hope.

Thanks for continuing to be here at the Foundation Forums and I’m so glad you’re doing well.

Gary

• Anonymous
      February 4, 2011 at 11:44 am

[FONT=”Microsoft Sans Serif”]thanks for your kind words gary.

i only have ever really had a couple of objectives in anything i’ve done outside of my own personal healing– to try to give some hope where there has traditionally not been any, and to bring awareness to our common illness (through media).

i had to giggle– as i am not a believer in “god,” (although i respect believers) — but i do try to bring glory to my various dogs– haha– that was tifany in this last article, the little white one… isn’t she cute?

i read that having 10 or more of the same kind of animal constitutes hoarding– i’m still okay as i only have 7 dogs and one cat… ๐Ÿ™‚ [/FONT]