A Few Photo’s From Symposium

• Anonymous
      November 17, 2006 at 10:54 am

Hello,
      I am going to try to post a few photo’s that I have that were taken at the symposium. There are six of them. It will take me time, so I’ll be going back and forth until I complete.

• Anonymous
      November 17, 2006 at 11:01 am

EMBASSY SUITES, PHOENIX/SCOTTSDALE, golf course in back of hotel.
      [IMG]http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/7558/phoenixgolfio2.jpg[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      November 17, 2006 at 11:07 am

GOLF COURSE DRIVING RANGE
      [IMG]http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/5107/phoenixrangerj4.jpg[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      November 17, 2006 at 11:12 am

me and KASSANDRA, from our forum. At State Night Dinner
      [IMG]http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/3663/phoenixkassuu0.jpg[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      November 17, 2006 at 11:17 am

me and JERIMY, from our forum. Hope you don’t mind Jer, but it’s nice to put a face to a name.

[IMG]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/3721/phoenixjerimyue8.jpg[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      November 17, 2006 at 11:22 am

HERE ARE THE DOCTOR’S FROM “ASK THE EXPERTS” I will try to come back and name them.

[IMG]http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/9828/phoenixdoctors1kk4.jpg[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      November 17, 2006 at 11:31 am

THE REST OF THE DOCTOR’S. These are all I have to post.
      [IMG]http://img454.imageshack.us/img454/8317/phoenixdoctors2ml5.jpg[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      November 17, 2006 at 12:01 pm

Those are great pictures it looks like it was a very nice time weather and all. keep the pictures comming feels more like family everyday!

• Anonymous
      November 17, 2006 at 1:39 pm

The panel of doctors iin above photo who answered our questions
      LEFT TO RIGHT photo 1 and photo 2
      Top Row
      1. at podium Dr. Arthur Asbury–University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine.
      2. Dr. Joel Steinberg–our foundation doctor–Board of Directors-Medical Advisory Board.
      3. Dr. Angelika Hahn–University of Western Ontario, Canada
      4. Dr. Robert Lisak–Wayne State University–Detroit, Michigan
      5. Dr. Kenneth Gorson–St. Elizabeth Medical Center, Boston, Massachuts
      6. Dr. Gareth Parry–University of Minnesota
      7. Dr. Mark J. Brown–University of Pennsylvania Medical Center
      8. Dr. John Sladky–Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, PEDIATRICS
      9. Dr. Carol Lee Koski–University of Maryland School of Medicine
      10. Dr. Richard A. Lewis–Wayne State University–Detroit, Michigan—or that could be Professor Richard A C Hughes–Guys Kings and St. Thomas School of Medicine–Kings College, London, England
      11. Dr. Kopel Burk–Louisiana State University School of Medicine

BOTTOM ROW—Left to Right
      12. Travis Rich–RehabCareGroup, Inc. an acute rehabilitation facility–Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
      13. Dr. Thomas V McGovern–Professor, Arizona State University–Psychology, life narratives, religion
      14. Deena Lisak–Nurse Educator, MS Center, Wayne State University
      15. Dr. David Cornblath–Johns Hopkins University
      16. Dr. David Saperstein–Phoenix Neurological Associates, Phoenix Arizona

• Anonymous
      November 17, 2006 at 2:35 pm

Absolutely brilliant, Liz! Thanks for posting these.

If you have any photos of our UK Admin Andy and his wife, Maggie, be sure that you post them–particularly if they’re doing something silly. :p

Deb

• Anonymous
      November 17, 2006 at 5:49 pm

These are the only photo’s I have. My camera malfunctioned and I was not able to take anymore. I guess I’m just old fashioned and don’t know how to use those “new-fangled” diggies. I should have listened to my practical side and brought my film camera too.

• Anonymous
      November 17, 2006 at 8:54 pm

Liz

Great Job with the photos….makes me feel a little bit better to see some faces, makes me feel like I would have enjoyed myself if I would have went. Maybe in two years! Everyone was smiling! 😀

KIT

• Anonymous
      November 18, 2006 at 9:37 pm

Liz, you did great posting your fotos, mine are still in camera. Was in ER last night, 911 thought I was having a heart attack. Am home and o.k. Guess stress of 16 people coming for dinner Thanksgiving, 4 of them staying over a couple of days is getting to me. Don’t give up on me, will get them to forum as soon as I am able.

Peg

• Anonymous
      November 19, 2006 at 11:11 am

So great to see the pictures of our family.

• Anonymous
      November 19, 2006 at 11:54 am

Thanks, Liz. Surprised me to see how many doctors came to the symposium. I am curious How many total participants there were. Do you know?

Finaly get to meet Jerimy, hi 😀

• Anonymous
      November 19, 2006 at 1:39 pm

Liz,

You did a very nice job posting the pictures. The Foundation did a wonderful job putting on the symposium. I was pleasantly suprised by the entire weekend. I learned lots and met some wonderful people.

Pam K

• Anonymous
      November 19, 2006 at 3:15 pm

I just thought I’d add that there were 17 doctors/therapist’s,etc. on the panel. And I think I remember hearing that there were 400 of us that attended the symposium.
      I will try to go to the next symposium and since Phoenix was my first one, I’ve learned how to do better so that I will be able to share more.

• Anonymous
      November 19, 2006 at 5:53 pm

Thank you for posting the pics. I know how much work it takes to do this and we applaud your grand effort.

The symposium was a good experience and it’s hoped that many more will attend in 2008.

I, too, took a few pics but they are still in my camera, mostly of the hotel (I didn’t want to infringe on others who might not have wanted to have their picture taken…, perhaps next sympostium…, LOL).

I just had a meeting earlier today with a woman who is a liason and would like to pass the torch to me when she and her family retire to Florida, so I am looking forward to participating as a liason. She will work with me on visits and so on until she leaves at the end of January. If any family members have any advice I welcome your comments or suggestions.

I hope to write again before the holiday, but if not, please have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving Day on Thursday. For all of you “crazy”:D Black Friday shoppers, be careful of the crowds (walk along railings and store fronts or take the malls in bits and pieces, but have a good time. There is also fun to be had with online shopping and it’s even more convenient than the hassle of street shopping. Enjoy.

Hugs,

Alex

• Anonymous
      November 19, 2006 at 7:41 pm

Liz,
      Thanks so much for posting the pics, I know what an effort it must be for you. How much I wanted to go to this Symposium, but with opening of deer season being that weekend (here in MN it is like a national holdiday,) it just wasn’t going to happen. But if it does end up being in the Midwest two years from now, I will definitely be there. How nice it would be to meet so many of you, & just to get to know people who truly understand what we go through on a daily basis.

I did go to the Mall & shopped Herbergers sale for 3 hours on Friday & have paid dearly for it all weekend. Fortunately I have been introduced to E-Bay, LOL, & have oredered a lot from there this year. And of course there is always Amazon & Overtock, so I have been shopping lots! I agree about the mall & the crowds, everyone be careful & don’t overdo it. If only I would just take my own advice!

• Anonymous
      November 19, 2006 at 9:38 pm

AWESOME job LIZ!!! thanks for posting all those pics and naming them for us. i really appreciate all the work you have done. i think you have a new career!!!;)

• Anonymous
      November 19, 2006 at 9:43 pm

Great photos, Liz. Thanks for showing us.

I believe I read somewhere that transcripts or tapes of the speakers at the symposium are available. Does anyone know where?

Suzanne