9/11

• Anonymous
      September 3, 2006 at 6:35 am

George Bush is coming to Manhattan on 9/11 for a photo op. Stay away, George; we don’t want you. There will be a wall of people to protect the site from you and I will be one of them.

Marguerite

• Anonymous
      September 3, 2006 at 7:28 am

Just sent an email to the White House suggesting that Bush visit Saudi Arabia, not New York. Of course, I did not use their stupid system and their computer reprimanded me. In any event, I signed my full name and address after writing that Bush was a liar and a hypocrite.

Regards,
      Marge

• Anonymous
      September 3, 2006 at 12:30 pm

Marge,

You’re right, the Prez should go be with his friends The Bin Laden family in Saudi Arabia and stay away from the families and the site of the Trade Center

It’s always about a photo-op for him, the little creep. He needs to just let any of us that will be grieving that day alone.

I still grieve the loss of John Bocchi and Dan still grieves the loss of 5 of his
      Firefighter Brothers who also were his friends and I grieve for all the families.

• Anonymous
      September 3, 2006 at 2:20 pm

Dear Marguerite:

If you want to block the site and you feel you are doing the right thing, then I wish you well. But consider this, our country is founded upon freedom. We all have the freedom to do what we want, go where we want, and go their when we want to as long as it doesn’t infringe upon the rights of others. That is the bedrock of our American society. It applies to me, to you, and to our president. An infringement on one persons rights, is an infringement on all of our rights. Blocking the site from the president, even though it may be personally gratifying to you, seems contrary to the ideal of freedom.

Do you think this is any different than the tactics used by abortion opponents who block the entrances to abortion centers? If it is different, its a subtley that escapes me. Hold your protest, its your right. Blocking acccess just seems to be against everything this country believes in.

Lee

• Anonymous
      September 3, 2006 at 2:38 pm

As an American citizen, I am entitled to free speech and I intend to exercise that right.

Blocking a photo op is far from stopping a woman from having a medical procedure. It is very important to me that the people who died on 9/11 not be dishonored. Is that not important to you?

Earlier today I read a quote from a speech made by Mayor Rocky Anderson of Salt Lake City on August 30th. It is particularly pertinent to your post: “A patriot does not tell people who are intensely concerned about their country to sit down and be quiet in the name of politeness.” Don’t measure me by your standards, Lee.

Marguerite

• Anonymous
      September 3, 2006 at 3:41 pm

I too believe the the President should stay the hell away from the Trade Center site on 9/11. He’s only doing it to boost his ratings and for no other reason.

I would stand side by side with the families and anyone else who wants to block him from entering. He has the opportunity to go to Manhatten to the World Trade Center site anytime of the year, why must he pick that day? Why
      because he is what I call a “ME PERSON” who only gives a damn about himself, he doesn’t care about the families or the people who died there.

[B]He does not belong there on 9/11, it also brings not only the press, it brings the Secret Service and whoever else has to check the site out before the Prez gets there to make sure he’s safe. How chaotic for the families when they need to have peace and serenity on the day when 5 years ago their lives were shattered forever.[/B]

Doesn’t anyone understand and feel for the families anymore after 5 years.

• Anonymous
      September 3, 2006 at 4:08 pm

Hi there,

Lee, I can’t agree more. With one exception. It has to apply for all and that means no fair walling off an area to extreams, keeping Ameicans as far away as possable with a security detail taking away good camera angles and shots from the media in their planning, and screening every single person, signing a loyalty agreement, and just let those Americans up front or in close. I still don’t blame them for this tactic, because this is our president, and no matter what I think, especially since this guy pissed off about every single group in our country and the world in some way, including his own, he has to be protected. This country can’t afford anything at this point, that risks putting our president in harms way. Period. My solution for fairness on this issue? Block all people out of the designated perimeter, for-go the applause, signs, and agrandizing himself making it look like, through staging, that everything is hunky-dory, everybody agrees, for pure political points only. Remember last year at one of his events? Just one of many examples. A person(R) went to see him speak, signed the loyalty agreement at the door, sat quiatly waiting to hear our prez, when a SS agent spotted a bumper sticker on a car they didn’t like. Then went in and removed that person from their seat, and threw them out. Sounds like fairness to me. To me, if the prez did as I suggest, it would be the first time a signal would be sent to all Americans, that he is serious, it is the number one concern trying to protect all of us and so on. But the PR wins every time.
      On Iran, after Abdulla alla Michielmoreajad gets that stern letter from the U.N. telling him to back off nuke junk, should turn the tide there in no time. Remember almost 2 years ago now what my solution was when Iran first was hit with an objection from us on that issue? To get negoitiations in a hurry started was? To remind some, it was for our prez to secretly order the evacuation of all American biz, like over one of our holiday weekends, and when old Abdulla wakes up on Tuesday morning, gets the news that all 200 American business, ie, their personell, are gone, might have gotten his attention. Say nothing to the media here, deny every rumor that comes up, and just say we are waiting for Iran to get talks going on the nuke issue. We don’t know what all the excitement is all about over there. Then just wait as they start sweating bullets for awhile, and I think, that just may have, or would have, gotten this issue under control much sooner. As was the case in Iraq, where 69 American busisness’ were operating during 1992 and until we invaded that country, 200 American business’ allowed to profit in a country, that’s on the list of terrorist nations by us, when we have sanctions on those countries, and like Iran where those 200 will still be allowed to operate, with even more new sanctions coming, in my opinion, amounts to treason, aiding and abetting the enemy, and a few more ethical and moral reasons. Yes, no laws are being broken. Especially when you get laws changed to make it so. Check out some of those 14,000 ear-marks tacked on to bills, just in 2005, that the R’s put there. You wonder why, some people in those countries and the one’s watching all over the world, are a bit confused by the examples we put in front of them? Let’s win their hearts alright! Just right after there’s no more profit to be made. Show the people in these countries, that when we bring a tyrant and supressor on societies that everybody knows is a crook, including us, then tell the world, this is our friend, and in their country to boot, to the White House and up to daddy’s compound, how seriously America really is on the war on terror. Only the governments of these countries, and their leaders from the top down, benifit from our American busisness’ being in these places. The people only see what’s left over, after everybody gets there cut first, which doesn’t leave much left. The oil for food scandle sure dropped off the map right after the findings came out, didn’t they? Catch a few American buisness’ right at the top of the list did you? One from Texas? Another clear signal to the world, winning hearts and minds.
      Now, I think we should, as Americans, always stand behind our leaders in times like this as a whole, check and balance and debate the methods and approaches as is gaureenteed by our constitution, change when change is needed if a better idea comes up, and get this won. But this administration has taken to new and greater hieghts, other administrations did too, just not like this one, granting exception after exception after exception, to Americans that don’t have to participate. Profit over unity. It has gotten so bad, that this administration to win allies and words from them, have sold American pride to get it. America’s symbols, like Marine1 as an example, should be, always be, built by Americans, revireed by Americans, and exclusive to Americans, and up to this point, it was. Just wait for the French companies PR campaign, when it hits the people over there. Look at us world. We have to build the helicoper the leader of the free world, and the mightest country in the world, flys in. Picture that as it takes off from the White House lawn, banking into the sunset, with a French name plastered all over it. They get the contract, they get the jobs, they get the pride, and what do we get? Just my opinion now. That’s where no-bid contracts should be used first, and are deserved. A certain ear-mark on an obscure bill in congress, changed all that. Instead, Haliburton gets them and why our military pays $45 for a case of coke. That company provided all military here an abroad while fighting, free coke and even the cooling machines to go with it, in WW2. An upstanding company, solid and as blue chip as they get in America. I just wonder if anyone asked them to do it agin for America? Maybe they did, the company said sure, no problem. Haiburton said they will gladly ship it over for us and get it distributed.

• Anonymous
      September 5, 2006 at 10:20 am

Five years after the World Trade Center collapsed, U.S. government officials have only recently began to take a role in the care of many of the 40,000 responders and recovery workers (including my nephew Paul, a NYC police officer) who were made sick by toxic materials at ground zero.

Dr. John Howard, who was appointed by the Bush administration in February of this year to coordinate the federal government’s 9/11 health efforts, readily admits delays. For the first time, money for treatment–$52 million–has been included in the federal budget, but even the officials responsible concede that it is not nearly enough.

A large-scale medical study by the Mount Sinai Center for Occupation and Environmental Medicine reported that more than half of the first 1,100 workers it examined had serious respiratory problems; other problems included acid reflux, gastrointestinal problems and mental stress.

Brandy and I can attest that the air quality in Manhattan and Northern New Jersey has deteriorated, decreasing our lung capacity. My pulmonologist agrees.

This is not just a federal problem. The city of New York has not done its job either. (By the way, the mayor of NYC ran on the Republican line although I believe that was just a ploy; I voted for him.)

Regards,
      Marge

• Anonymous
      September 5, 2006 at 3:22 pm

I will spend a silent morning thinking of all those souls that left us that day and the many others that are leaving us because of the bad air, etc.

To each his own. Do what you believe!

• Anonymous
      September 5, 2006 at 7:26 pm

[COLOR=red]I wasn’t going to say anything, but I feel I have to. Marguerite why do you have to make 9-11 about politics and hate. This is a very sad time for our nation and we should morn the tragic loss of life that occurred that day. Not only in New York, but in Washington DC and PA.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#ff0000]We all know you hate President Bush, and that’s fine. Yes, you do have freedom of speech like all Americans. Don’t you think instead of complaining we should all be remembering? So what the President gets his picture taken. That what politicians do![/COLOR]

[COLOR=#ff0000]With your permission why not turn this post into one were people can share their thoughts on 9-11? I know that would give me a chance to view my continued support and condolences for all the victims.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#ff0000]I regret that I could not be there for my brother and sister firefighters that day. My surgeon made dam sure of that when he carved into me back in 1999. NowI have to sit in this F’n wheelchair and wonder “what if”.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#ff0000]I feel your anger, and now you can feel some of mine. September 11 is a day of sorrow not hatred. I hope I haven’t offended you, that was not my intension.[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=#ff0000][IMG]http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/6281/911patchys6.jpg[/IMG][/COLOR][IMG]http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/3728/911pentgx1.jpg[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      September 5, 2006 at 7:30 pm

[IMG]http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/2998/911policevh7.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/1134/911papdci4.jpg[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      September 5, 2006 at 7:42 pm

People can mourn on this thread–I think that is a wonderful idea.

God bless the people who died that day and the people they left behind. I will honor them by protecting the dignity of their families and friends, by not letting George Bush use them as a political ploy. The people who began this protest are a group of 9/11 widows from New Jersey, New York and Connecticut–the same women who forced an investigation. May they prevail.

Marguerite

• Anonymous
      September 5, 2006 at 8:03 pm

[IMG]http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/8642/911fdmo2.jpg[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      September 5, 2006 at 9:06 pm

Hi,

As he stood on the smouldering rubble, with megaphone in hand, one arm around a fireman, “We shall get the ones that did this to us!” Just remember the respect he paid all the victums at that moment, how the whole world was behind that statement, then ask yourself why? Why did he go after Rep. Jack Murtha instead? A 30 year Marine veteran. Instead of following UBL’s edited words and direction in a tape directed to the Muslim world, and going after American dissenters instead, why didn’t he just get the ones that did it first? Might tell some what price a vote is worth to this administration.

• Anonymous
      September 6, 2006 at 9:51 am

Hi,

Hear Bush’s speech? Taking orders from Osama as usual. Just in case anyone wants to know what was really said on the tape, Bush quotes from 2 years back, will be put into laymen terms, not vote getting terms.
      To the Muslum world. There are no more training camps in the region. Go to Iraq, get your training, then I’ll rotate you out of there, and seed you around the world. Like to places such as the U.S./Mexican boarder. Then teach your groups on what you learned in real time war. Just like the U.S. does with their military.
      You know the debate has gotten to the kindergarden level when Hitler’s name comes up. Bad enough with the talking heads, now the prez?

• Anonymous
      September 6, 2006 at 12:11 pm

September 11th is suppose to be a day of remembering and honoring for those that left this world that day. How can there be any peace and serenity for those families on that day when Bush turns everything into a photo op.

He needs to stay away and let the families have those precious moments.

If I lost a family member that day, I wouldn’t want Bush there. But I did know someone who lost his life that day and so did my son Dan 5 Firefighter Brothers and both of us talked about this and we both feel the same, Bush should not be there that day.

This is not about hatred of Bush, it’s only about him and his damn publicity, trying to make himself look great. That is not what the day is for.

• Anonymous
      September 8, 2006 at 11:14 pm

[COLOR=red]I am in favor of making September 11 a national day of mourning. what do you think?[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR]
      [IMG]http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/9249/911multibo2.jpg[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      September 9, 2006 at 12:08 am

That would be great Dave, except I am afraid it will just turn into a big shopping day like all of our holidays that are suppose to honor the dead.

• Anonymous
      September 9, 2006 at 1:50 am

I think you are right Brandy

• Anonymous
      September 9, 2006 at 1:58 am

Hi Dave,

Personally, I think American’s mourn way too much and for way too long. A day for rememberance and respect, but not a holiday, sure. Here in my hometown, we have the first soldier killed in Afganistan buried. Everyone wants to make that on par with NYC WTC memorial status. I’m just not sure teaching and giving so much time mourning, is a good thing. I understand, just not sure how long is a good thing.

• Anonymous
      September 9, 2006 at 2:41 am

[COLOR=”Purple”]Those memorial patches you post dave are just beautiful. What a tribute to those who lost their lives that tragic day……….vicki[/COLOR]

• Anonymous
      September 9, 2006 at 11:35 am

Ok, 3 very simple questions
      1. Why shouldn’t the President of the United States go to the site of 911 and lead our country in somber remembrance of such a tragic day?
      Is it because some hold the President is such distain that y’all think he should not be there? If it where President Clinton, Carter, JFK, Truman…would the sentiment be the same?

2. Is this day of remembrance any different than the President (insert your favorite name) laying flowers at the tomb of the Unknown Soldier every Memorial Day?
      Is this tradition simply a “political ploy” or is it an opportunity to remember, respect and show thanks for those that have laid down their lives for the very freedom that allows us to debate this issue on this forum?

3. Are we (some) making this more of an event driven by our (once again some) own political designs than it should be?

I know all of us remember the feeling(s) of loss, sadness, depression and yes even anger of that day. All I can say is God bless and keep you and your families safe from harm. May our hearts be free of racism and blind rage giving way to a more focused and reasonable defense of our country for our own good, and for the good of all. May we be the Strong and Just example by which others measure themselves. In facing the monster of terrorism, may we refrain from being sucked into its clutches and hence, become like the enemy we despise.

Stephen

• Anonymous
      September 9, 2006 at 1:59 pm

Stephen,

I live in Manhattan across the street from the NYC Coroners Office. The Salvation Army, who were feeding the fireman, the police officers, and families of the victims took over the block for their food stations. My local parish chuch was filled with people on their way to and from the hospitals and the coroner’s office. I watched the coroner’s building expand as the city built additions.

We spent the next two days calling friends who worked in the area (I used to go to meetings a few blocks away), heard of deaths of people we knew.

You have no clue what New Yorkers are like. My significant other, who is a journalist reporting on the worldwide oil industry, went to work downtown because he wanted to be sure a New York deadline was on the paper. I sat home and cried, praying for his safety.

I am so proud to be a New Yorker. A few days after the tragedy, one of my friends passed a street vendor on Fifth Avenue. He had pulled out his prayer rug and was praying. Nobody hassled him.

The 9/11 widows and widowers don’t want Bush here. Isn’t that good enough for you? Do you not want to respect the men and women who lost people they love? Where is your heart? This president and his political party have used 9/11 to start a war against Iraq, to get re-elected. The E.P.A. lied to the workers and the government appears not to be very interested in helping those who are now sick.

• Anonymous
      September 9, 2006 at 4:11 pm

It is my belief that no President should be there that day whether he’s a Rep. or a Dem. That day is for the families and friends who have lost their loved ones and no one else.

• Anonymous
      September 9, 2006 at 5:00 pm

Hi,

Put emotions aside for a minute. This is all about the whole. The more the citizens of NY city, and the surrounding cities, try like crazy to personalize it, make it all their own, the more immune 49 other states will become over time. The east coast, especially New York, has had a bad attitude rap and preception on them socially, all over those 49 states for over a 100 years and longer. I call it, ‘the 13 colony syndrome’. Especially here on the west coast. I have a New Yorker living right across the street from me. Everybody calls him Mr. New York, instead of by name. Why? Because he thinks just coming from there, he’s better then everybody, by his mouthy, blunt, bad attitude and talk. Just a social stigma. It does make even me, not like him so much, and he can still agree with me on everything, and I’ll still have that feeling about him, as an example. It’s born in me so to speak, by societies preception over here. Why, no matter what I think, or who’s in power, the prez represents the whole and does indeed need to remind us all. Otherwise, make it a city or state holiday, and leave the rest of us out of it. It’s a ‘be carefull what you wish for’ kind of thing. Kids today, think Pearl Harbor is just something that happened in, and to, Hawaii. If they even know it happened in the first place.

• Anonymous
      September 9, 2006 at 5:35 pm

Point well taken, Zeppo. We’ll talk about this again.

Regards,
      Margaret Dumont

• Anonymous
      September 9, 2006 at 6:51 pm

Hey M,

Nothing directed at you or anyone else. Certainly understandable when it happens right in front of your eyes. You see it every day, we don’t. I’m hearing more and more of it from everywhere but there, from people from there. Like, just because, we have to owe a New Yorker something better in some way, that nobody else should be allowed to have but them. I just don’t know what that is yet.

• Anonymous
      September 9, 2006 at 7:58 pm

Agreed, Groucho.

Regards,
      Hilda Rumpole

• Anonymous
      September 9, 2006 at 9:21 pm

[IMG]http://bestsmileys.com/usa1/2.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://bestsmileys.com/usa1/3.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://bestsmileys.com/usa2/9.gif[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      September 9, 2006 at 9:25 pm

[IMG]http://smileygenerator.us/community/uploads/09-11-01.jpg[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      September 9, 2006 at 9:51 pm

The World Trade Center, housed offices from many countries all over the world, so it is not a New York thing. It is a world remembrance site. It is still my opinion that the Prez should stay away and give the families what they need to get them through another year without their loved ones.

• September 9, 2006 at 11:38 pm

I’m glad to see you will be making it out there for it, Auntie M!!

We are so fortunate to have the freedom to express how we feel and demonstrate. Speak your mind, Auntie M, just don’t get yourself jailed;)

And yes the president has a right to go as does anyone but it is tacky on his part. I compare it to having one’s pic taken at the scene of the crime which is a poor political move. He has to know how people feel about him and if the widows/widowers don’t want him there then he should take the hint. But being president comes with duties and I’m sure if he didn’t go, it would cause just as much commotion.

I hope the rememberence is helpful to those who lost their loved ones. I love the spirit that NY has shown both at the time of 9/11 and in recovering. Though I’ve only seen it in pics, it is a city that is not only beautiful but has a lot of heart. The way everyone seemed to come together when needed the most is quite an example not just for the US but for the world. I NY!!

• Anonymous
      September 10, 2006 at 12:20 am

Whatever your politics, George W. Bush is the President of the United States, and deserves the respect accorded to holders of that office. It dishonors the office and the country to publicly demean the President.

Our entire country and the rest of the world needs to be reminded, as vividly as possible, about what happened on September 11. Who better to publicly draw the attention of the world than the President of the United States?

On this day of all days, our country needs to present a united front to the world. Partisan bickering at such a time, makes our country look weak and divided, which is exactly our enemies want to see.

• Anonymous
      September 10, 2006 at 12:43 am

Thank you, Mary.

Suzanne, I am afraid I must disagree with you. I honor the military fighting in Iraq and Afganistan but deplore the person who brought us into the war. My primary concern is for the families and friends of the people who died on 9/11 and the wish of their families that Mr. Bush not attend any service; they have been through so much and deserve to have their wishes respected.

Regards,
      Marge

• September 10, 2006 at 1:35 pm

I’m pretty sure that the rest of the world and especially those who do not care for the US/bush know how the American people feel about bush. His approval ratings are published quite often on the news and the anti-bush demonstrations both domestically and internationally are on the TV and internet as well.

[QUOTE]Our entire country and the rest of the world needs to be reminded, as vividly as possible, about what happened on September 11. Who better to publicly draw the attention of the world than the President of the United States?[/QUOTE]

I think the families and friends of those who lost a loved one are the best ones to draw attention to the horrific actions of our enemies. It is that group who suffers from their loss. It is that group who has daily reminders that their loved ones are not coming home. It is their strength to continue on each day, often raising children w/o the other parent, that is to be commended. It is that group that best demonstrates the ability to function after a tragic event.

Respect is supposed to be earned, not given. I cannot respect a man who has not earned it in my book. Again, these are MY opinions and I’m not looking to change anyone’s mind or upset anyone.

I’ll be watching for you tomorrow, Auntie M! It’s a depressing and complicated topic to talk about with my girls but it is just as important as some of their other subjects they learn about.

• Anonymous
      September 10, 2006 at 1:44 pm

Mary,

You are a wonderful mother. The girls are a gift from God and you are giving them great values.

As is the case whenever I get emotional, my breathing is labored and my daughter is worried about me. She and I will talk in the morning and make a decision. One of the most beautiful things that ever happened to me was discovering Jessica and I were both marching against the Iraqi war. We learned so much about each other that day and have never felt closer.

Bless you, Mary.

Love,
      Auntie M

• Anonymous
      September 10, 2006 at 2:23 pm

Marge,

Are you aware that the families protesting President Bush’s appearance at the ceremonies today are, by far, the minority of the families of 9/11? These families’ wishes deserve to be respected too.

I will always defend your right to protest. I thank God every day that we live in a country that extends this right to it’s citizens.

However, I can’t defend any attempt to prevent the President of the United States (or any other citizen) from exercising his right to free speech.

There are always elected representatives with which some of our citizens disagree. We are free to disagree with their decisions, but not to physically prevent them from exercising the responsibilities and priviledges of office. In a democracy, the way to insure that our leaders represent your own viewpoint, is to elect them.

The President (whether you disagree with him or not) has the right, and the obligation of his Office,to go wherever he deems necessary to represent the United States, in whatever way he chooses.

I ask once again, for the sake of our country, that we ALL rise above the partisan politics, and present a united front to our enemies.

[B]The eyes of the world are upon us today.[/B]

Respectfully,
      Suzanne

• Anonymous
      September 10, 2006 at 3:20 pm

From what I have been reading in the news, the intended “visit” is for this evening and not tomorrow…

aimee

• Anonymous
      September 10, 2006 at 3:21 pm

Can one honor the “Office of the Presidency” without honoring the man? I sure hope so…..what ever our grips about the man, the President has every right to lead, not only our country, but the world in remembrance of those that lost their lives, family and friends in this frozen moment of time.

I for one will spend tomorrow in reflection and indulging my sadness while lots of hugging of my daughters.

• Anonymous
      September 10, 2006 at 3:39 pm

I’m sure my thoughts on this will not be greeted with loving arms but here goes.

To “me”, anything that takes place at the site of the world trade centers is strictly about being part of the “in crowd”. To be able to say, ” I love America, I went to the site”. No matter how you term it, it’s a celebration.

People talk about the world’s eyes being upon us……well they are always upon us. We, afterall, are the ugly Americans and have been for generations. Our political strong arming of much of the world ( for good or bad) has rendered us the playground bully.

If people all over the country flooded into churchs and silently prayed for an hour without sermons and the political hype I’m sure it would make a much better sentimant then the “rally around the flag” and the circus production most memorials become. It’s always a chore to sit through the self promoting speeches of any political person or head of any group or religion that finds themselves at the podium.

Seek the memorial that you wish in your heart in your own space if needed. If you need to be with others to mourn, do so in a church of your choice. If you don’t believe in a supreme being, find a peaceful, beautiful place in nature to reflect on the event. Please don’t become part of a pep rally and think it’s a memorial service.

But most of all, ponder how you can make the world a better place.

• Anonymous
      September 10, 2006 at 4:08 pm

Mike,

That is one of the best ideas I’ve ever heard.

You may well be right about the timing of his visit, Suzanne. I hope so. As for the “majority” of the widows and widowers wanting him to visit, I doubt that very much. What was the source of that data? My psychotherapist, a specialist in post-traumatic stress disorder, has been working with some of the survivors of that day and I have heard nothing of the kind.

My breathing is still labored (stress does that for me) and I probably will not be going to the site but will instead join a very small candle lighting ceremony in front of the coroner’s building. I too do not want the survivors to be used as a photo op for strangers, including me.

Regards,
      Marge

• Anonymous
      September 10, 2006 at 5:20 pm

Here’s one for you guys.

Simple, to the point. Madison Scouts Drum & bugle Corps’s 68 man hornline playing their signature song, ” You’ll Never Walk Alone” to some 911 photos.

Madison adoped the song back in the 60’s ( I think ) and played it graveside of one of their members funerals) It has since been their signature piece to play. “THIS” makes “me” cry.

[url]http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/911tribute/index.htm[/url]

• Anonymous
      September 10, 2006 at 5:26 pm

We live in the ‘suburbs’ of Washington D.C., and as a result many people in our neighborhood, church and at school with my children work, or have family who work for the government and in the Pentagon.

Today in church, both our pastors spent some time speaking a little about 9/11, and they happened to mention that [B]tomorrow the American Flag that was flying outside the Pentagon on 9/11 will be raised on our church flag pole[/B]. I cant exactly tell you the feeling I had, but it was a mixture of awe, disbelief and amazement. My son goes to the preschool at church, so after dropping him off at 9am, I will pop upstairs into the sanctuary and have some quiet time remembering all those who died on that awful day.

• Anonymous
      September 10, 2006 at 6:48 pm

I watched President Bush visit the World Trade Center site today, I think that was very appropriate the way he did that today. It was somber and peaceful, very respectful for the families who will be there tomorrow.

• Anonymous
      September 10, 2006 at 7:08 pm

What does President Bush visiting ground zero have to do with the war?

[QUOTE=marguerite]Thank you, Mary.

Suzanne, I am afraid I must disagree with you. I honor the military fighting in Iraq and Afganistan but deplore the person who brought us into the war. My primary concern is for the families and friends of the people who died on 9/11 and the wish of their families that Mr. Bush not attend any service; they have been through so much and deserve to have their wishes respected.

Regards,
      Marge[/QUOTE]

• Anonymous
      September 10, 2006 at 7:40 pm

Hi,

Easy now. Not trying to start anything. He let the ones go, while trapped in Tora-Borra, who were responsable?? Disabanded the unit hunting for the ones responsable? Might have something to do with the war. After all, he said it on that pile of rubble at ground zero first.:)

• Anonymous
      September 10, 2006 at 7:42 pm

He started the war, Jim. You and I have have been very good friends for a long time but we are at an impasse now.

Marge

• Anonymous
      September 10, 2006 at 8:44 pm

[COLOR=”Red”]God bless the United States of America. Remembering those who died on 9/11, their families and friends.[ATTACH]550[/ATTACH][/COLOR]We will never forget.

• Anonymous
      September 11, 2006 at 8:36 am

[COLOR=red]In memory of my friend and brother firefighter who passed on to Heaven five years ago today. Charles Mathers [IMG]http://www.seagirtfd.org/sgfdpatch1.jpg[/IMG][/COLOR]

• Anonymous
      September 11, 2006 at 8:46 am

[COLOR=#ff0000][B][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=5]SEPTEMBER 11th, 2001[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/COLOR]
      [COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=5]

[/SIZE][CENTER][B][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=5]Manhattan 5th alarm Box-8087[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]

[SIZE=5]

[/SIZE][CENTER][B][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=5]0848hrs[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]

[/COLOR]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.seagirtfd.org/fire%20graphics/fdny_band911.jpg[/IMG]
      [IMG]http://www.seagirtfd.org/fire%20graphics/ffanangel.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://www.geocities.com/sirdaveofjersey/FDNY-header.gif[/IMG][/CENTER]
      [B][SIZE=+2][COLOR=#ffffff]Thanks for visiting my website. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

• Anonymous
      September 11, 2006 at 9:22 am

[QUOTE]BrandyI watched President Bush visit the World Trade Center site today, I think that was very appropriate the way he did that today. It was somber and peaceful, very respectful for the families who will be there tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
      [URL=”http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14775709/displaymode/1168/rstry/14780747/rpage/1/”%5D%5BIMG%5Dhttp://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/getty/71831982rs007_sachs.rp350x350.jpg%5B/IMG%5D%5B/URL%5DNEW YORK – SEPTEMBER 10: U.S. President George W. Bush and first lady Laura Bush lay a wreath in commemoration of the fifth anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on New York City and Washington, D.C. at Ground Zero, the site where the World Trade Center Tower 2 stood September 10, 2006 in New York, New York
      7:36 p.m. ET, 9/10/06Pool / Getty Images
      [COLOR=red]I agree Brandy, what the President did was nice. Like him or not he is our leader and the leader of the Free World.[/COLOR]

• Anonymous
      September 11, 2006 at 11:13 am

Two thousand one, nine eleven
      Three thousand plus arrive in heaven
      As they pass through the gate,
      Thousands more appear in wait
      A bearded man with stovepipe hat
      Steps forward saying, “Lets sit, lets chat”

They settle down in seats of clouds
      A man named Martin shouts out proud
      “I have a dream!” and once he did
      The Newcomer said, “Your dream still lives.”

Groups of soldiers in blue and gray
      Others in khaki, and green then say
      We’re from Bull Run, Yorktown, the Maine”
      The Newcomer said, “You died not in vain.”

From a man on sticks one could hear
      “The only thing we have to fear.
      The Newcomer said, “We know the rest,
      trust us sir, we’ve passed the test.”

“Courage doesn’t hide in caves
      You can’t bury freedom, in a grave,”
      The Newcomer had heard this voice before
      A distinct Yankees twang from Hyannisport shores

A silence fell within the mist
      Somehow the Newcomer knew that this
      Meant time had come for her to say
      What was in the hearts of the five thousand plus that day

“Back on Earth, we wrote reports,
      Watched our children play in sports
      Worked our gardens, sang our songs
      Went to church and clipped coupons
      We smiled, we laughed, we cried, we fought
      Unlike you, great we’re not”

The tall man in the stovepipe hat
      Stood and said, “Don’t talk like that!
      Look at your country, look and see
      You died for freedom, just like me”

Then, before them all appeared a scene
      Of rubbled streets and twisted beams
      Death, destruction, smoke and dust
      And people working just ’cause they must

Hauling ash, lifting stones,
      Knee deep in hell, but not alone
      “Look! Blackman, Whiteman, Brownman, Yellowman
      Side by side helping their fellow man!”

So said Martin, as he watched the scene
      “Even from nightmares, can be born a dream.”

Down below three firemen raised
      The colors high into ashen haze
      The soldiers above had seen it before
      On Iwo Jima back in ’45

The man on sticks studied everything closely
      Then shared his perceptions on what he saw mostly
      “I see sorrow–but I don’t see fear.”

“You left behind husbands and wives
      Daughters and sons and so many lives
      are suffering now because of this wrong
      But look very closely. You’re not really gone.

All of those people, even those who’ve never met you
      All of their lives, they’ll never forget you
      Don’t you see what has happened?
      Don’t you see what you’ve done?
      You’ve brought them together, together as one.

With that the man in the stovepipe hat said
      “Take my hand,” and from there he led
      Three thousand plus heroes, Newcomers to Heaven
      On this day, two thousand one, nine eleven.

Author Unknown

• Anonymous
      September 11, 2006 at 11:24 am

[B]In Loving memory of John Bocchi 9/11/01[/B]

• Anonymous
      September 11, 2006 at 1:33 pm

In loving memory of Jan Maciejewski, husband of my friend Mary DeFranco. He was an immigrant from Poland, a great soccer player and a waiter at Windows On the World.

Marguerite

• Anonymous
      September 11, 2006 at 1:41 pm

God bless my friend Willie. He is an immigrant from Ireland and was the chief bartender at the Commuter Bar in the South Building. His bar was the hangout for many people who worked at Cantor Fitzgerald. It has been five years and his depression/survivor guilt still devestate him.

Regards,
      Marge

• Anonymous
      September 11, 2006 at 2:12 pm

My prayers and thoughts are with all of those who lost their lives that day and I have said prayers for their families too.

Peace To All.

• Anonymous
      September 11, 2006 at 4:24 pm

May God continue to bless the United States of America.

Add my prayers and thanks for all of the brave soldiers, firefighters, police, and all others working on the front lines and behind the scenes, to keep us safe and free.

[B]We will never forget.[/B]

• Anonymous
      September 11, 2006 at 4:52 pm

Gone but never forgotten.

• Anonymous
      September 11, 2006 at 10:59 pm

Dear Marguerite… what a sad day this has been for you, especially, and for all of us.

My blood pressure was at an all time high while watching Bush’s speech tonight. He did it again — he linked 9/11 and the war in Iraq. This time as a justification for the continuation of the war. So the killing will continue. It just makes me so very sad …

Peace

• Anonymous
      September 11, 2006 at 11:31 pm

[IMG]http://www.firehouse.com/hotshots/slideshow/2001/worldtradeattack/nfff/photo1ls.jpg[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      September 12, 2006 at 12:30 am

My brother suggested that I share the following story with you.

In June my sister-in-law and I bought tickets to see THE FULL MONTY on Broadway on September 18, 2001; tickets were in the third row in case they needed volunteers. We talked to each other after the terrorists struck, trying to decide what to do.

For those of you who don’t know the movie or the show, it is about several unemployed male steel workers who decide to earn money by doing a striptease…not a serious subject.

We ended up calling the Mayor’s Office. He had made a recorded statement that New York needed Broadway–it is an integral part of the tourist attractions–and Broadway needed us. Rose and I went to St. Malacy’s Church and then to the theatre. The play was hilarious although the we did not see any totally naked men. We applauded the actors in their robes and then the actors applauded the audience. Everyone cried and some of the numbness disappeared.

Regards,
      Marge