2nd Cytoxan Treatment

• October 4, 2010 at 11:07 pm

Had my 2nd Cytoxan Sept 23rd. Not much different, although I did not have quite the intestinal problems I had the first time. Still had fatigue but it seems to have lifted now. I am having my 2 day IVIG treatment today and tomorrow. I am going to move the Cytoxan treatment to the following week because having the IVIG and Cytoxan in the same week is a bit much! Blood work indicates that all is ok so far. Please let me know if I can answer any questions you might have.

Take Care,

David
      San Diego

• Anonymous
      October 5, 2010 at 12:41 am

How many mg of cytoxan do you receive? Are your treatments 30 days apart? Have you tried plasma exchange as well or is your combo just ivig and cytoxan? Are you on any steroids at all? Hope you keep doing well. I start my 2nd cytoxan dose in a week

• October 10, 2010 at 1:46 pm

They are giving me 1030mg of Cytoxan per infusion once a month for 6 months and then see what the results are. I have been getting 120grms IVIG every two weeks for the past 8 years. I did haave 5 PE about 9 years ago but had a negative reaction. While I have had Solumedrol in the past, I have not had it for some time.

• Anonymous
      October 12, 2010 at 12:34 pm

Thanks for the reply. I guess they treat us all differently. My cytoxan is 2000 mg every two weeks for 6 weeks then 2000 mg once a month. I have weekly plasma exchange and weekly sumadrel.