2.5 years later – finally returning to finish nursing school!

• Anonymous
      August 18, 2008 at 1:07 pm

Some may remember me, some may not, but I came down w/gbs in February 2006, at age 32 in my junior year of college. I just wanted to share the good news that I am finall returning to nursing school this fall, and finish my last 2 years. I am happy and lucky to report that there are days when I feel even better than when before I became ill. I started jogging, walking and I exercise almost every day, so I finally feel I will be able to work a nursing job. I still have minor residuals, like tingling in my feet, or my legs when I kneel for an extended period of time. I feel I am so lucky to have recovered and I want to give back to the medical community. I think being a gbs patient has given me lessons that will never get taught in a school. I will try to pop in now and then! Everyone on this board has been such a great inspiration to me, and a big help in recovery. I wish you all the best.

Thank you all
      cara

• Anonymous
      August 18, 2008 at 1:50 pm

Cara,
      I am new to this forum. I have been an RN for 20 yrs. and worked in hosp. for 34 yrs. Nursing is a great profession. I loved what I was doing when I was striken with GBS in April 2007. Did it take the 2.5 yrs. for you to fully recover? It has been 16 mo. for me & I still use a rollator to walk, don’t drive & have lots of pain. Again, congratulations and hang in there nursing school can be tough. Good Luck
      Cathy C.:)

• Anonymous
      August 18, 2008 at 2:53 pm

Cara-Good for you…there will be so many opportunities for you in nursing, that you will find your nich. The best of luck to you and please stay in touch and let us know how you are doing.

• Anonymous
      August 18, 2008 at 3:54 pm

Cara, That is Just Awesome!!!:cool: You can do anything you set your mind too!! Please keep us posted, Hun!!!:)

• Anonymous
      August 18, 2008 at 4:24 pm

WooHoo! Way to go Cara!!! Great to hear good news. Please post your progress in nursing school. I’m certain you will do great. You have a strong will, beating GBS. I am so happy for you!

• Anonymous
      August 19, 2008 at 8:49 am

Cara, Congrats on recovery to be able to go back to nursing school. You will make a great nurse after this experience. Good Luck. Keep us posted.

• Anonymous
      August 19, 2008 at 9:46 am

Congrats Cara!

All your experiences and the knowledge you have gained as a patient will make you an excellent nurse! I wish you well, always.

• Anonymous
      August 27, 2008 at 6:43 pm

Cara,

Congradulations on getting back to school! Your experience will make you a very compasionate nurse.

Best wishes,

Suzanne

• Anonymous
      September 8, 2008 at 8:44 pm

Cara,

I am so happy for you, you are an inspiration to all of us.

Jerimy