11th Anniversary of GBS

• Anonymous
      February 23, 2007 at 10:26 pm

Hello
      Tomorrow is the 11th Anniversary of GBS. I woke up on a Saturday
      morning and fell on the floor, as nothing worked. It is hard to believe that it has been 11 years. Nothing has been the same since.
      It is always a scary day for me; even though I know I am ok. I have
      been left with residuals, as many have. Mine are not as bad as alot of you,
      but bad enough to change life as I knew it.
      The GBS experience changes us – we learn patience, and gratitude.
      We learn that all good things take time. We come to know who our friends
      are and morn the loss of ones who moved on. We love our caregivers even
      more than we did. And we miss our jobs.
      And we teach those around us how to deal with the adversities of life.
      We learn to grow inner strength and fortitude…for those days when our bodies do not want to work.
      I have met so many wonderful people on this forum – and that has been a blessing to me.
      Live each moment to the fullest – and smell the roses. So happy to be
      on this journey with so many beautiful souls.
      Bless you all . . .

MaureenBoz

• Anonymous
      February 23, 2007 at 10:29 pm

Happy Helliversary Maureen. Have a great day and enjoy some ME time!:)

• Anonymous
      February 23, 2007 at 10:50 pm

Maureen,
      You were one of the first people to help answer my many questions when I first was diagnosed.You,Myrt,Marge,and Brandy were always there,and helped me so many times.I thank you all for being so giving to others during a most terrifying time.I feel guilty for not being here during the times that I tried to return to work.Your courage and knowledge,and the time you invest on this forum have made a huge difference in so many lives.Thank you and God bless you.

• Anonymous
      February 23, 2007 at 11:15 pm

maureen,

go get’em tiger. from one of the orig members to another, have a great day. glad to see your post. take care. be well.

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength

• Anonymous
      February 24, 2007 at 5:22 pm

Maureen,

Just think, you’ve made it through another year! Thank you for all of your good advice and I hope this next year will be a happy one for you.

Suzanne

• Anonymous
      February 24, 2007 at 6:19 pm

[B][COLOR=”SeaGreen”]Patience and gratitude Maureen. So well put. It is obvious to this reader that you have developed an inner strength from all this and it has made you a much wiser person.

I am having trouble just reading some of the experiences folks have had here and keep reminding myslef how incredibly lucky I was to not have been affected like so many others.

Unfortunately I do not have a “start date” for my GBS…..it was so gradual and atypical that it took several weeks to properly diagnose. I put 12-10-06 as the date I knew something was wrong as my left side of my face went south on me. Even then it took until the following Wednesday to get a proper diagnosis and hospitalized.

Enjoy today as you woke up on the right side of the grass again and you have a chance at life again. Your words are inspiring. Thank you so much for posting.[/COLOR][/B]

• Anonymous
      February 26, 2007 at 1:04 pm

Hello
      I lived thru yet another anniversary. I just hate those days….but
      it is over. Now on to another day, being barefoot in the grass…and
      where are those flowers!! Oh yes, it’s winter!! That’s ok too.
      Thanks for your kind words of support.

May your days be blest!

Maureenboz