Took my 1st 500mg this morn…

Anonymous
May 30, 2008 at 4:08 pm

Well, you can call me chicken or whatever, but I procrastinated to start the pulse steroids until this a.m. morning…. I didn’t take any stomach meds or other preventative stuff, so I’m hoping I don’t have too bad of side effects going into the weekend… Part of the reason I have held off is I wanted to regain a little from recent ivig treatment last week, and also we have been going thru the passing on of my wife’s uncle, and I didn’t want to be any more whacked out than I normally am… I sure hope this stuff works, and guaging from responses so far, it seems like only one of you has been able to stay off additional treatments, like ivig/pp others….For good or bad I’ll never forget this day, as my wife’s uncle was a fighter too, who managed to fight off cancer for seven years until it took him Memorial Day.. Hopefully, these meds will be my “new beginning”, of getting out of this hole….best of luck to you all…deanop……

P>S> Anyone have a list of short/long term risks, and meds prescription/and non prescription they’d like to post….again……Also, is alcohol a big no no with methyl pred…???
Hi Kristen; I’m sure no expert on the emg stuff, but I think your body tells a whole lot more than emg’s…I’ve had three emgs with three different intrepetations, From what I’m seein, I don’t know about the value of a nerve biopsy in your case either….Good luck on your recovery….Are you from my neck of the woods, up here by Duluth?