March 14, 2008 at 4:22 pm

Hi family,
I got through my second dental appointment and you would have been proud of my courage. I had a root canal and a filling done, I was in the dental chair for almost two hours with that suction in my mouth, PHHHHHHHHT, SLURPPPPPPPPP.

Next appointment will be in two weeks to be fitted for a partial on the bottom, no extractions were necessary. The bottom teeth could be saved, still strong.

My biggest fear was that the dentist would lecture me on neglecting my teeth, but he didn’t do that. I know how I am and if he had lectured, I would have cried.

Thank you for your concern Stacey (connorsmom). Email me if you need to talk to someone about your life without mom.


March 3, 2008 at 11:53 am

Hello family,
Thanks for the support. I know I will be shaking, but I have a dental appointment on Thursday. A friend will take me. There’s so many things that scare me. I feel so ashamed to admit that I have bad teeth. I wear a full plate on the top and I only have a few teeth left on the bottom. What am I going to do if all the bottom teeth have to be pulled??? How will I eat and what can I eat??? Do I try a full plate for the bottom or find a way to afford the cost of implants??? I have no dental insurance right now. I used to have it, I know it was there six years ago, but somehow it got dropped. I had to re-apply and I cannot use the dental coverage until Nov. 2009.

I think I am going to have a big problem getting into the dental chair because of the footplate. I can only hope that I can manage that.

The cowardly lioness (mew)


October 12, 2007 at 3:02 pm

I was soooooo ill 2 weeks ago. My child had mono and I thought I might have gotten it. Well my Primary doctor looked at me like I was crazy. I was sooo weak I was slurring my words, limping, and couldn’t even swallow. She asked me if I drank or was drinking. Boy, This pissed me off. I had just left work to see her. She had NOOOOOO compasssion and didn’t even test my muscle strenght or reflexes. I could barely drive home and stayed in bed for 3 days. I finally got over it. Just exhausted I guess, but I was so upset with the doc. They just don’t get it. I wish we could always see a neuro but they always say when your emg is normal so are you. This pisses me off too. Well, I guess you can figure this out by now that I’m not crazy about docs and I’m a nurse. Go figure. I do HATE these RESIDUALS. I’d be a lyer if I said I was OK with it. NOBODY UNDERSTANDS, except you guys. Thanks for letting me vent. xoxoxoxoxoxxoxo Roxie