Reply To: GBS Advice – Doctors Near Englewood, Florida

January 29, 2012 at 3:44 am

I’m in Orlando and don’t know neurologists down in Englewood, but I would recommend researching to find a board-certified neurologist. Preferably one who is or has been associated with a teaching hospital, i. e. USF in Tampa. At the very least, I would verify whether the neurologist had ever treated anyone with GBS. (Caveat. I would also check the state’s record of malpractice actions against doctors.)