Reply To: Frustration

July 7, 2012 at 12:51 am

Another avenue to take are that rehab and nursing facilities like hospitals have licensing and accreditation standards they must meet. Literature that describes the facility to “prospective patients” usually boast who they are accredited or regulated by. Also the Social Services, the people who provide Medicade funding also have a unit called adult protection that oversees care of the publicly funded programs and to protect the interests of patients who are unable to protect their own rights. Adult Services are usually utilized if patient abuse or neglect is suspected. If communication is not working, perhaps reporting might. I always encourage the steps mentioned above be taken before filing a complaint. I am CIDP patient and retired social worker from Washington State. I wish you all the best during painful time.