new to this

October 2, 2007 at 4:44 pm

My sister has been just diagnosed with this syndrome and I am beside myself. She is in so much pain and there is not much that can be done about it according to her neurologist. She has been in a short term rehab for the past 3 weeks and she does not need to be there. It is basically for the elderly to go to so they can pass on. I need to know how can we get her into Shands Hospital in Gainesville or to the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville. Does a doctor have to do something to get her there, can we just take her there. She has insurance but of course they are giving her problems. She is so depressed and I do not know how I can help her. She only has myself and her fiance who has been an angel along with his parents. Can anyone suggest on what I need to do to help her? Sorry this is so long but I am new to this and do not know anything about it. Also, does anyone know if this is hereditary because I have the pain and numbness in my hands and feet also but I can still function. I went to every doctor and they all thought I was crazy. I am worried that my children will get this. Anyone can help I would appreciate it.